Runtime error 3706 provider not found

Post by Jacky Lu » Sat, 02 Nov 2002 19:28:34

This needed to quickly be solved, Provider not found. No matter which
MDAC_TYP.exe I installed. The same error 3706 still occurs... Urgent thanks

--
========================
Always wear a grin on your face :)

Mr. Jacky Luk

Runtime error 3706 provider not found

Post by Richard T. Edward » Sun, 03 Nov 2002 02:12:51

What Provider?

Quote:> This needed to quickly be solved, Provider not found. No matter which
> MDAC_TYP.exe I installed. The same error 3706 still occurs... Urgent
thanks

> --
> ========================
> Always wear a grin on your face :)
> ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

> Mr. Jacky Luk

Runtime error 3706 provider not found

Post by John Kievla » Wed, 06 Nov 2002 04:20:37

Please explain this more... I can't tell you what the problem is until you
tell me what you were doing when you got this error...

Quote:> This needed to quickly be solved, Provider not found. No matter which
> MDAC_TYP.exe I installed. The same error 3706 still occurs... Urgent
thanks

> --
> ========================
> Always wear a grin on your face :)
> ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

> Mr. Jacky Luk

1. repost HELP - ADO Error (3706) - Could not find the specified provider

PLEASE I REALY NEED HELP ON THIS,
sorry about the repost..

I have builded a form in outlook97 who stores information in an sqlserver
database with ADO,
but I get this error (Could not find the specified provider) when i try to
open the connection to sqlserver.
In my workstation the form works fine, in any other worstation the error
occurs, I already try to
run the form in the sqlserver server (where the database is stored) and I
get the error too.

this is the connection string I use:
myAdoConnection.Open "Server=DEXTER;Driver={SQL
Server};uid=Ff;pwd=;DATABASE=Enhance;DSN=;", "", ""

I want to connect whithout having to configure any odbc drivers in control
panel.

Any suggestions or workaround for this problem?

Tanks for any help,
        Fernando

2. SQL 2K resource Kit: Thin Client Web Query

3. Error 3706 (provider not found)

4. Sequential Queries - Why ?

5. Error 3706 Ado could not find the specufic provider

6. How to move cursor to skip couple of record.

7. ADO Error 3706 Provider Not Found

8. CDML authoring software for FM5

9. ADO could not find the specified provider (Error # 3706 )

10. Provider cannot be found error (3706 Object error)

11. 3706 Provider not found

12. VB6/WinXP/3706 Provider not found