Retrieving Field descriptions from Access table using ADO

Retrieving Field descriptions from Access table using ADO

Post by Don Grove » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 06:34:32

When you find out can you let me know please.
If you can supply the ado code I may be able to fathom it out

Don

I am trying to retrieve the field descriptions out of an Access table using
ADO.
I have the code to do it using DAO, but I really need to use ADO.  I thought
that
it would have been a property of the Field method, but no such luck.  Thanks
for
any help.

Jeremy

1. Retrieving Field descriptions from Access table using ADO

We use a utility that generates the descriptions in a table
See Simple Table Documentor at www.ssw.com.au/ssw/download
It is Freeware

Adam

I am trying to retrieve the field descriptions out of an Access table using
ADO.
I have the code to do it using DAO, but I really need to use ADO.  I thought
that
it would have been a property of the Field method, but no such luck.  Thanks
for
any help.

Jeremy

2. SQL Server not responding at random

3. Retrieving Access database Field descriptions using ADO

4. ADO and Memo field problems

5. How to get Access Field descriptions using ADO?

6. DB2 SQL UDF - Question

7. How to get the Description of a Field (in a SQLServer table) using ADO

8. Update SQL database through Word Basic

9. Retrieving field descriptions using ODBC and VC++

10. Q: Best way to retrieve Access field description from a query

11. Retrieve the description of a field in a Access DB

12. How to retrieve a MS Access description table with Visual Basic 6.0

13. ADO - ASP - Access Database Field Descriptions