DAO Error Trapping & Most Common Errors

Post by Tom McIntir » Fri, 04 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone have a list of, say, the 10-20 most common trappable errors
encountered when working with DAO objects?  I'd like to create an error
handler for a professional-level product and would like some input from
those of you who use an extensive error handler.

1. Error Trapping - Can you trap a DTS Package error using SQLDMO running a job

I'm running a DTS pacakge by scheduling it through a job
in SQL DMO (I am doing it through DMO vs. DTS Object in
order to run the package on the server from a client pc).
I am having trouble finding info on how to retreive the
error messages if any of the packages fail.  I know I can
make an error log and look at that text file but for the
application purposes it would be a lot better to pull it
in through DMO, any suggestions on how to find the error
message?  I've looked a little into the Alert object but
don't fully understand how that might or might not help
me.  Thanks in advance,
Mike

2. Row insertion causes corruption in data

3. Error Trapping: MS Access errors not trapped in VB code

4. Virginia - Sr. Oracle Development Manager

5. Deadlock errors & vb error trapping

6. Book recommendation, please

7. UGRGENT: VB4 DAO - Error 31037 Error Loading from File DAO Error 3251

8. How to access to a VIEW of SQL-Server by ODBC (jet)

9. DAO No Record error trapping

10. Having a tough time trapping DAO errors.

11. Trapping DAO Errors

12. Trapping Error Messages & Alerts

13. Trapping & reporting database errors