Source code for Sun's rowset implementations

Source code for Sun's rowset implementations

Post by Jonathan Na » Sun, 18 Nov 2001 04:30:11

Anyone know if the source code for Sun's RowSet implementations
(released last year) are available anywhere?

Jonathan

Post by Micha » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 03:04:22

> Anyone know if the source code for Sun's RowSet implementations
> (released last year) are available anywhere?

You can download it from the Java Developer's Connection "Early
Access" downloads page (requires [free] login):
  http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/
  http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/crs/

The rowset implmenetations include
 1.CachedRowSet -- a rowset that can be used to:
         * send a set of rows across a network
         * send data to a thin client
         * add scrollability and updatability to result set data
 2.WebRowSet -- an extension of CachedRowSet that can be
           used to send a rowset across a network in XML format
 3.JDBCRowSet -- a rowset that can be used to encapsulate a JDBC
driver
           as a Java Beans component

N.B.:
  "Developers cannot redistribute the binary software in commercial
products. Please see license for terms and conditions."

  "...The three RowSet implementations contained in this release are
experimental, unsupported technology." ... "The sun.jdbc.rowset
package, which is contained in this release, is NOT a committed API
for the Java platform."

Source code for Sun's rowset implementations

Post by Jonathan Na » Mon, 26 Nov 2001 06:33:51

Thanks. I was enquiring specifically about "source code" and not the
binary distribution which I've been using for a while. It's precisely
because it's experimental and unsupported that I've wanted to see
what's going on behind the hood.

Jonathan

> > Anyone know if the source code for Sun's RowSet implementations
> > (released last year) are available anywhere?

> You can download it from the Java Developer's Connection "Early
> Access" downloads page (requires [free] login):
>   http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/
>   http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/crs/

> The rowset implmenetations include
>  1.CachedRowSet -- a rowset that can be used to:
>          * send a set of rows across a network
>          * send data to a thin client
>          * add scrollability and updatability to result set data
>  2.WebRowSet -- an extension of CachedRowSet that can be
>            used to send a rowset across a network in XML format
>  3.JDBCRowSet -- a rowset that can be used to encapsulate a JDBC
> driver
>            as a Java Beans component

> N.B.:
>   "Developers cannot redistribute the binary software in commercial
> products. Please see license for terms and conditions."

>   "...The three RowSet implementations contained in this release are
> experimental, unsupported technology." ... "The sun.jdbc.rowset
> package, which is contained in this release, is NOT a committed API
> for the Java platform."

Source code for Sun's rowset implementations

Post by Micha » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 04:01:42

Sorry, my bad.  I read the posting a little too quickly.  Sorry, I am
not aware of any available source code for any RowSet implementations.

> Thanks. I was enquiring specifically about "source code" and not the
> binary distribution which I've been using for a while. It's precisely
> because it's experimental and unsupported that I've wanted to see
> what's going on behind the hood.

> > You can download it from the Java Developer's Connection "Early
> > Access" downloads page (requires [free] login):
> >   http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/
> >   http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/crs/

1. Source Codes for Tree Implementation

Any pointer where to get source codes (regardless of which language was used
for the implementation) of the implementation of one of the following
data structures:
        - grid array
        - k-d tree
        - quad tree
If it's available via ftp, please let me know how to obtain it.
I'm working on the query computation algorithms for a very large database.
If you have the same interest, I'm keen to discuss with you about the subject
concerned...

Millions thanks in advance...

--Doan

2. Oracle 8i Intermedia CTX problem

3. Need Source Code for SQL Interpreter/Implementation

4. SQL2000 clients

5. Visual Basic source-code to C++ source-code

6. Lost devices

7. Fixing 'Not a DBF' source code

8. Runtime Error 91

9. RowSet implementations

10. Informix JDBC - RowSet implementation ?

11. Printing a form's source code in VFP

12. Source code control of SP's

13. need knight's tour source code