Changing width in dbgrids

Post by Filip Vantomm » Sun, 06 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Can anyone tell how to change the startup-width of columns in dbgrids in
VB4.0

Thanks in advance.

Please also mail any hints.

Changing width in dbgrids

Post by Henry La » Wed, 09 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Can anyone tell how to change the startup-width of columns in dbgrids in
>VB4.0

Right click on the grid and you will get a pop-up menu.  In it select
Edit and the grid lines will become draggable in the header (where the
titles are).

In case you haven't found it, you can get the grid to retrieve the
titles from the database from the same pop-up.  Have you found the
"custom" process as well?  Post if not and we'll help you with that too.

Quote:>Please also mail any hints.

Ahem ... hints on what?  The DBGrid is poorly documented, I admit, but
it would be useful to know what you're trying to do, for example.

Manchester, England

Changing width in dbgrids

Post by Daniel Ansa » Fri, 11 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>>Can anyone tell how to change the startup-width of columns in dbgrids in
>>VB4.0

>Right click on the grid and you will get a pop-up menu.  In it select
>Edit and the grid lines will become draggable in the header (where the
>titles are).

>In case you haven't found it, you can get the grid to retrieve the
>titles from the database from the same pop-up.  Have you found the
>"custom" process as well?  Post if not and we'll help you with that too.

>>Please also mail any hints.

>Ahem ... hints on what?  The DBGrid is poorly documented, I admit, but
>it would be useful to know what you're trying to do, for example.

>Manchester, England

You can download (free) Apex's True DBGrid, which is a more bug-free
(I think) and better version of the one bundled with VB4.

You can get it from www.apexsc.com (I'm not sure if that's correct) -
the help file that comes with it is *very* informative.

Daniel
Not sure why my .sig isn't being used (don't care to fix it)

1. changing column widths in DBGrids

Can anyone help me pls.  Is there any easy way to change column widths
of a DBGrid which references a database via SQL so that the columns can
be seen easily without having to resize manually with mouse?

2. Ingres and VMS 5.2

3. DBGrid : need to change the width of column

4. Help - Error in VACUUM

5. Can you change Column Width of Bound DbGrid?

6. Informix, Oracle and SQL Server

7. Width formatting in the DBGrid control

8. 6.5 Installation errors

9. DBGrid won't allow a Col Width of 0

10. DBGrid Column Width Will Not Stick

11. DBGrid and Setting Column Widths at design time

12. DBGrid loosing its persistent fields width property values

13. ****Column Width of DBGrid****