Access and Number of Users

Post by Kiran Dhol » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

Can anyone tell me by his/her information or knowledge or experience,
that how many users Access2.0 database support in multi environment app
using VB4.0.  I saw sometimes people saying 40-50 or couple of dozens.

Any idea?

Thanks,

-- Kiran

Access and Number of Users

Post by Joe Foster of Bo » Mon, 10 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,
> Can anyone tell me by his/her information or knowledge or experience,
> that how many users Access2.0 database support in multi environment app
> using VB4.0.  I saw sometimes people saying 40-50 or couple of dozens.
> Any idea?

I for one wouldn't build a VB/Access app for more than a few
simultaneous data-entry users, as the logic for trapping and
retrying the 'record locked by another user' error can be a pain.
For that, I'd want to use a real client/server RDBMS such as SQL
Server or perhaps Sybase SQL Anywhere (formerly Watcom SQL) to
manage the data. In a number of cases, though, I found that using
a read-only Access MDB to hold a data warehouse for reporting
users worked just fine. So, the key doesn't seem to be the number
of total simultaneous users, but the number of simultaneous users
who are changing the data.

[chomp]

1. Number of users on an Access database

Hi altogether,
here my list of questions:
1. Does anybody know a tool that visualizes or prints the names, version
numbers and
   creation dates of all DLL and OCX files in a directory?
2. How can I avoid that a message box picks up events even though they are
not relevant
   for the box itself. This happens when one click event causes a series of
events: one
   of these events activates the message box and all following events are
not processed,
   apparently they are picked up by the message box.
3. How can I find out the number of users currently working on one specific
Access database?

Any help is welcome.
Joachim Schneider

2. Building multiple Cubes

3. Getting a unique user number from access

4. Writing to Paradox DB file

5. Access - Number of connected users? - Help

6. DBGRID

7. Urgent Plz: USER DEFINED VALUES IN THE AUTO NUMBER FIELD (MS ACCESS)

8. ontape -r quitting with code -1 errno 22

9. How to limit number of user access

10. Limited number of simultaneous users in Access?

11. Port number for FMPro Server on a PC: to access using IP number under hosts option

12. CHEAPEST SLIP/PPP INTERNET ACCESS 2000+ LOCAL ACCESS NUMBERS

13. user change/ user rights for MS ACCESS with DAO(MFC)