OLE DB w/ Jet 4.0 Simple app crashes when table contains data.

OLE DB w/ Jet 4.0 Simple app crashes when table contains data.

Post by S. Garla » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 05:08:38

Hi,

I am trying to use Visual C++ 6 and OLE DB to simply insert data into
a single MS Access 2000 table.  I am essentially following a tutorial
application from "Visual C++ 6 Database Programming Tutorial," Wendy
Sarrett, Wrox Press Ltd., 1998.

The application will repeatedly and correctly insert data into an
empty table, and will allow record navigation, however, if I close the
application and then try to re-start it when the table is not empty at
startup, the app crashes immediately, never displaying a window.  This
only happens if the table is not empty at startup.

Has anyone seen this type of error and might have a suggestion about
where I might want to look for the source of the problem?  Please
email me at:

Thank you!

1. Data Environment/Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider problem

Check if they are now maybe displayed as Stored Procedures.

-----

I'm connecting to an Access '97 database with 9 queries using the wonderful
Data Environment.  A connection with "Microsoft Jet 3.51 OLE DB Provider"
shows all 9 queries as views when creating a command under the connection .
If I change to "Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider" I can see only 2 out of
the 9 as views; the remaining 7 don't show up.  All 9 queries are  SELECT's
returning columns.  Anyone run into this behavior?  I've installed SP3 to VB
6.0 Enterprise...

2. Whatever happened to...

3. OLE DB Data Grid and Jet 4.0

4. SQL7 VB6 open recordset requeries Database

5. Data Environment and JET OLE DB 4.0

6. MD-Business Developer Position

7. Create Jet 3.5x DB with OLE DB Provider 4.0

8. SQL execution sequence

9. Jet DB Performance (Jet 3.51 vs. Jet 4.0)

10. Bug in JET 4.0 OLE DB Driver ?

11. Linked Server using OLE DB Jet 4.0 fails

12. Problem with Jet OLE DB Provider 4.0