Error 429 "You do not have an appropriate licence to use this functionality"

Error 429 "You do not have an appropriate licence to use this functionality"

Post by Darryl Sellwoo » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

We have a program in which the main project interfaces with 4 dells and 10
user controls, all of them our work. The program has been running fine on
our development computers, but when we made a set-up program recently and
tried it on some test computers it wouldn't run. The errors that occur are
Error 429 "Cannot create ActiveX Component", and also Error 429 "You do not
have an appropriate licence to use this functionality". Before we compiled
the project group, we ticked the "Require License Key" checkbox in the
project options dialog for all of the user controls. We then used the
Package and Deployment Wizard to create the set-up program for the project,
and added the .VAL files in at the appropriate time. A quick check in the
registries of the test machines after installation shows that the license
keys are there, and that the user objects and dells are registered
correctly.

We installed Win, I.E. and VIBE + SPA with the project.  The project worked.
For a test  we installed the install package then tried running the program
but it still had the same error.

The VB6Cli.exe was install but it doesn't help, which was suggested in
Q194751 MS Knowledge base.

What are we missing here? Or is there any work around available?

Also if there is anyone in Adelaide, South Australia who could help us
hands-on, we'd be very interested to hear from you.

Thank you,

Darryl Sellwood

Post by David Conne » Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> We have a program in which the main project interfaces with 4 dells
and 10
> user controls, all of them our work. The program has been running fine
on
> our development computers, but when we made a set-up program recently
and
> tried it on some test computers it wouldn't run. The errors that occur
are
> Error 429 "Cannot create ActiveX Component", and also Error 429 "You
do not
> have an appropriate licence to use this functionality". Before we
compiled
> the project group, we ticked the "Require License Key" checkbox in the
> project options dialog for all of the user controls. We then used the
> Package and Deployment Wizard to create the set-up program for the
project,
> and added the .VAL files in at the appropriate time. A quick check in
the
> registries of the test machines after installation shows that the
license
> keys are there, and that the user objects and dells are registered
> correctly.

> We installed Win, I.E. and VIBE + SPA with the project.  The project
worked.
> For a test  we installed the install package then tried running the
program
> but it still had the same error.

> The VB6Cli.exe was install but it doesn't help, which was suggested in
> Q194751 MS Knowledge base.

> What are we missing here? Or is there any work around available?

> Also if there is anyone in Adelaide, South Australia who could help us
> hands-on, we'd be very interested to hear from you.

> Thank you,

> Darryl Sellwood

I ran into a similar problem recently.  I don't know if this has
anything to do with what you're getting, but here's what it was for me:

I downloaded and installed the (non-distributable) demo version of an
OCX control, then put it in my project to try it out.  It worked well,
so I purchased the registered version and installed it.  Everything
worked great on the development machine, but I got the 429 "appropriate
license" error on all user installs.

It turns out that both the demo and the registered versions of the OCX
were still on my computer.  Somehow or other, the Package & Deployment
Wizard was picking up the demo version.  The solution turned out to be
merely deleting all copies of the demo version, then repackaging the
project.  After that, everything was fine.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Run-Time Error 429: You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality

Hi...

  I wrote an application in VB6 that talks to both SQL Server and a
local Access database using ADO.  I package the application, take it
to another machine and install w/o errors.  But when I run the
application it says:

"Run-Time Error 429: You do not have an appropriate license to use
this functionality."

  License for what?  The use of an Access Database?  I've SCOURED
MSDN, the MS KBase and Technet but can't find any reference to this
specific error.  So I figured I'll put msgboxes throughout the code to
figure out where the error occurs.  I have a frmLogin and frmMain.
The login form opens the access database and the username table no
problem.  Then it hits this:

Private Sub cmdLogin_Click()
        MsgBox "Load frmMain..."
        Load frmMain
        MsgBox "Show Main..."
        frmMain.Show
End Sub

When the program runs I get the "Load frmMain" msgbox ok.  At the top
of the form_load in frmMain I put another msgbox but the run-time
error occurs before frmMain's form_load executes.

  So now I'm lost.  There doesn't seem to be an exact line where this
error occurs.  Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!
Tom

2. Can't Sort dBaseIV file??

3. Error 429 "You do not have an appropriate licence to use this functionality"

4. Windows 2000 install problems

5. Error 429 "You do not have an appropriate licence to use this functionality".

6. Query Batch Cost

7. License information for this component not found. You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment (Error 429)

8. HELP - Error #429 while doing OpenDatabase

9. runtime error 429 "ActiveX component cannot create object

10. Plse help Error 429 License info not found

11. Error 429 and 3633 using jet engine db's

12. Having "HAVING" problems with GROUP BY.