VB6/WinXP/3706 Provider not found

Post by George Hane » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:12:27

Ok. I asked this quesiton and I can find it... so I will
post again (and write on a piece of paper where/when).

I wrote an application in VB 6.0 that uses a MSAccess
database via a jet engine connection.  I Built the intall
with the Package and Deployement wizard.

Works fine on 98 and Win 2K, I never tested on Win 95.

It installs on Windows XP and the application even comes
up.

As soon as I do anything that reads from or writes to the
database I get:

Run Time Error '3706'
Provider can not be found

So I downloaded the latest MDAC (2.7) and installed it.

No Change.  Apparently MDAC 2.7 is installed on Win XP.

Please help...
.

VB6/WinXP/3706 Provider not found

Post by danage » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:11:13

Try installing Jet 4.0 (DAO) as well.

D.

Quote:> Ok. I asked this quesiton and I can find it... so I will
> post again (and write on a piece of paper where/when).

> I wrote an application in VB 6.0 that uses a MSAccess
> database via a jet engine connection.  I Built the intall
> with the Package and Deployement wizard.

> Works fine on 98 and Win 2K, I never tested on Win 95.

> It installs on Windows XP and the application even comes
> up.

> As soon as I do anything that reads from or writes to the
> database I get:

> Run Time Error '3706'
> Provider can not be found

> So I downloaded the latest MDAC (2.7) and installed it.

> No Change.  Apparently MDAC 2.7 is installed on Win XP.

> Please help...
> .

VB6/WinXP/3706 Provider not found

Post by Tanvee » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:22:01

Have you *early-bound* or *late-bound* the object?

Tanveer (http://www.browsedatabase.com)

Quote:> Ok. I asked this quesiton and I can find it... so I will
> post again (and write on a piece of paper where/when).

> I wrote an application in VB 6.0 that uses a MSAccess
> database via a jet engine connection.  I Built the intall
> with the Package and Deployement wizard.

> Works fine on 98 and Win 2K, I never tested on Win 95.

> It installs on Windows XP and the application even comes
> up.

> As soon as I do anything that reads from or writes to the
> database I get:

> Run Time Error '3706'
> Provider can not be found

> So I downloaded the latest MDAC (2.7) and installed it.

> No Change.  Apparently MDAC 2.7 is installed on Win XP.

> Please help...
> .

VB6/WinXP/3706 Provider not found

Post by Shi G » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 21:25:18

Please check which version of Jet OLEDB are you using? From MDAC 2.5 and
later, we do not include OLEDB Jet 3.5 into the MDAC package, so if you are
using 3.5 version, please change to 4.0 as provider=microsoft.oledb.jet.4.0.

Shi Gao
This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights

1. repost HELP - ADO Error (3706) - Could not find the specified provider

PLEASE I REALY NEED HELP ON THIS,
sorry about the repost..

I have builded a form in outlook97 who stores information in an sqlserver
database with ADO,
but I get this error (Could not find the specified provider) when i try to
open the connection to sqlserver.
In my workstation the form works fine, in any other worstation the error
occurs, I already try to
run the form in the sqlserver server (where the database is stored) and I
get the error too.

this is the connection string I use:
myAdoConnection.Open "Server=DEXTER;Driver={SQL
Server};uid=Ff;pwd=;DATABASE=Enhance;DSN=;", "", ""

I want to connect whithout having to configure any odbc drivers in control
panel.

Any suggestions or workaround for this problem?

Tanks for any help,
        Fernando

2. SQL Anywhere user setup

3. Runtime error 3706 provider not found

4. VL'99 deadline extended

5. 3706 Provider not found.

6. Upsizing Views with Upsize wizard

7. Error 3706 Ado could not find the specufic provider

8. Julian dates/support for Informix Date-type

9. Error 3706 (provider not found)

10. 3706 ADO Could not find specified provider

11. 3706 Provider not found

12. ADO Error 3706 Provider Not Found

13. ADO could not find the specified provider (Error # 3706 )