Order Number Entry??

Post by Perry J Hemming » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone good an idea how best I can achieve this task::

I want the user to enter a new Order Number in a textbox,
which is only allowing numeric, then when I press enter
it will check my Orders table and Order_ref field for
duplicates which are NOT allowed...

I need advice on a good way to do this please

Thanks

--
Perry J Hemmings

begin 666 Perry J Hemmings.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..DAE;6UI;F=S.U!E<G)Y.TH-

+14Y$.E9#05)$#0H`
`
end

Order Number Entry??

Post by Mike Esquinald » Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Private Sub cmdEnter_Click
    If IsNumeric(txtOrderNumber.Text) Then
      Set rsOrders = gdbMain.OpenRecordset("Orders")
      rsOrders.Index = "Order_Ref"
      rsOrders.Seek, txtOrderNumber
      If Not rsOrders.NoMatch Then                       'If there is a
match,
        Msgbox "Sorry, no duplicates please"       'no dice.
        rsOrders.Close
        Exit Sub
      End If
    End If
End Sub

>Has anyone good an idea how best I can achieve this task::

>I want the user to enter a new Order Number in a textbox,
>which is only allowing numeric, then when I press enter
>it will check my Orders table and Order_ref field for
>duplicates which are NOT allowed...

>I need advice on a good way to do this please

>Thanks

>--
>Perry J Hemmings

Order Number Entry??

Post by Mike Esquinald » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Sorry,

Try:
rsOrders.Seek "=", txtOrderNumber.Text

It was late.

>Private Sub cmdEnter_Click
>    If IsNumeric(txtOrderNumber.Text) Then
>      Set rsOrders = gdbMain.OpenRecordset("Orders")
>      rsOrders.Index = "Order_Ref"
>      rsOrders.Seek, txtOrderNumber
>      If Not rsOrders.NoMatch Then                       'If there is a
>match,
>        Msgbox "Sorry, no duplicates please"       'no dice.
>        rsOrders.Close
>        Exit Sub
>      End If
>    End If
>End Sub

1. US - OR - Oracle Order Entry/Order Management Report Writers

York Solutions is an international consulting company with headquarters in
Portland, Oregon.

Our Oracle practice is looking for Oracle Applications Report
Writers to join an 11i upgrade team in Eugene, Oregon. These are contract
positions with initial duration  of 3-6
months.
Candidates must have strong Reports 2.5 and preferably some experience with
Reports 6.0/6i. Candidates must also have recent experience using Reports
2.5/6i in
an Oracle Applications environment and preferably have some familiarity with
the Order Entry, Order Management and/or Accounts Receivable table
structures.
Excellent pay rate is available for the right candidate! 4 day work weeks
plus full expenses are also available.
Our client wants to move very quickly on this position and can interview
immediately.
This is a great company to have on your resume and is an excellent
opportunity to get some solid 11i experience on a well managed project.

Note: Candidates must be a US citizen or hold a resident green card.

2. THANK YOU!!!

3. Sorting numbers in Descending Order using ORDER BY

4. inquiry

5. US-CA, OR, WA, NV,AZ, CO, UT-ORDER ENTRY CONSULTANT

6. Is this possible with SQL?, (I think yes, but....)

7. Newbie: Question about editmask property.

8. MA - Oracle Order Entry Business Analyst

9. How to program order entry with input dependent filters

10. Order Entry List Items.

11. Order Entry -VB4 & Access code needed

12. Online Order Entry.