16 bits and 32 bits application

Post by Paulo Rodrigu » Sat, 30 Nov 1996 04:00:00

  Hi everyone!

  I'm new in VB4 and I've just finished my first aplication. I developed
this application on a windows95 platform, but I must distribute it also
for windows 3.1. Do I have to install VB4 on a 16 bit machine and
compile de code there? Can I do all the stuff on my 32 bit machine? How?

   Many thanks in advance for your help.

Post by Tim Powe » Sun, 01 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>  Hi everyone!
>  I'm new in VB4 and I've just finished my first aplication. I developed
>this application on a windows95 platform, but I must distribute it also
>for windows 3.1. Do I have to install VB4 on a 16 bit machine and
>compile de code there? Can I do all the stuff on my 32 bit machine? How?
>   Many thanks in advance for your help.

Install both 16 and 32 versions, 16 bit will work with 3.1 and 95,
however 32 bit will work only with 95 or NT.  You can install both
versions on the same machine.

Post by Bill Hersh » Sun, 01 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>  Hi everyone!

>  I'm new in VB4 and I've just finished my first aplication. I developed
>this application on a windows95 platform, but I must distribute it also
>for windows 3.1. Do I have to install VB4 on a 16 bit machine and
>compile de code there? Can I do all the stuff on my 32 bit machine? How?

>   Many thanks in advance for your help.

You need the professional edition or higher, then install the 16 bit version
, which comes on the same CD, on your win95 machine and go. It's best to stay
away from long filenames with the 16bit version, it's kinda hard to find them
in the 16bit list boxes.