VB x Paradox - Urgent

Post by Marcos Stabe » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

With Visual Basic 6.0 / ADO, I'm trying to access a Paradox database with
65000 records to generate a text file.
It's very,very,very slow. It takes almost a hour to go to the last record.

Is there any problem  with Paradox driver that comes with Mdac_typ?

thanks

Marcos Stabel

VB x Paradox - Urgent

Post by Ray Ya » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Marcos:

I have the same problem but have not found a satisfactory solution. Did you
try changing the locktype to read-only and cursor type to forward-only? This
might help a little bit.

An unrelated question: Did you have to set ParadoxNetPath, ParadoxNetStyle,
and ParadoxUserName in the registry? I always get an ODBC Paradox Driver
error when someone else is reading the same Paradox table that my VB code is
trying to read.

Thanks,
Ray

Quote:> With Visual Basic 6.0 / ADO, I'm trying to access a Paradox database with