Accessing Native OLE DB Driver

Post by Rick Delorm » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 22:23:45

Hi,
I am using VB6 and foxpro dbaseIII format in the backend.  What we have been
doing is connecting to the data source using ODBC through the OLE DB driver.
What we would like to do is access the native oledb driver directly.  We are
experimenting with the possibilityt that this will increase speed in some
cases because we are eliminating one layer of communication.

We get an error saying "Cannot find installabel ISAM".  The resources on
MSDN are limited with respect to this.  The drivers are in the registry and
are pointing to the right directory.

Any advice or input on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick.

--
Rick Delorme
Software Developer

Accessing Native OLE DB Driver

Post by Carl Prothma » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 00:26:57

Rick,
Try the following connection string
http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm#ODBCDriverForVisualFoxPro

Make sure to read the related Microsoft articles (see links on above web page)

Carl Prothman
Microsoft Visual Basic MVP
http://www.able-consulting.com

> Hi,
> I am using VB6 and foxpro dbaseIII format in the backend.  What we have been
> doing is connecting to the data source using ODBC through the OLE DB driver.
> What we would like to do is access the native oledb driver directly.  We are
> experimenting with the possibilityt that this will increase speed in some
> cases because we are eliminating one layer of communication.

> We get an error saying "Cannot find installabel ISAM".  The resources on
> MSDN are limited with respect to this.  The drivers are in the registry and
> are pointing to the right directory.

> Any advice or input on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Rick.

> --
> Rick Delorme
> Software Developer
> C-Team Systems Inc.
> 11-38 Auriga Drive
> http://www.cteam.ca
> http://www.rickdelorme.com

1. NATIVE INTERBASE 5/6 OLE DB/ADO DRIVER

Greetings,

    I'm developing the first native Interbase ADO driver. I'm already using
it in my ASP pages and Delphi projects. But this version is beta. All help
is welcome.
    If you need it or can help me, please send me mail.
    I'd like post it in your pages. Please if possible, tell me how?

   Mrcio Wesley Borges
   Software Engineer
   Braslia/Brazil

2. Full backups and transaction log backups

3. ADO and Native OLE DB Drivers

4. sybase11.9.2 bcp error on linux using system("bcp...")

5. NATIVE INTERBASE 5/6 OLE DB/ADO DRIVER

6. Can Oracle do this!?

7. where start with objects in (relational?) databases?

8. VB5 access SYBASE fastest driver/Native Driver

9. VB30: Accessing OLE-field in ACCESS-DB via OLE-VBX

10. Connecting to Access 97 Database using ADO with OLE DB Driver