Access 97 mdb could not be opened after a conversion to Access 2000 mdb

Access 97 mdb could not be opened after a conversion to Access 2000 mdb

Post by osca » Tue, 06 Nov 2001 10:55:38

After that a Access 97 mdb was converted to Access 2000 mdb , MS Access
reported that there were some conversion errors. When I try to open the mdb
after the conversion, DAO reports an error right at the connection.

Does anyone know  why these problems occur and how to solve them ?

thanks,
Oscar

Access 97 mdb could not be opened after a conversion to Access 2000 mdb

Post by Mima » Tue, 06 Nov 2001 20:49:59

Hi Oscar!
You have to install ServicePack5 or ServicePack6 that you can use Access
2000, otherwise you can't. In Properties/Connect you have to have Access
2000 not only Access.
Regards, Mima!

Quote:> After that a Access 97 mdb was converted to Access 2000 mdb , MS Access
> reported that there were some conversion errors. When I try to open the
mdb
> after the conversion, DAO reports an error right at the connection.

> Does anyone know  why these problems occur and how to solve them ?

> thanks,
> Oscar

Access 97 mdb could not be opened after a conversion to Access 2000 mdb

Post by Glen » Tue, 06 Nov 2001 23:13:27

Oscar:  There could be numerous causes of the  problem.  First, if an Auto
Exec or Start Up form is set, try opening holding the shift key and go to a
module and compile.  More than likely, some code cannot be converted.  If
the problem cannot be found, you could try converting the database in
pieces:

First, move all tables and queries to new 97 database and convert: there
should be little chance of problem.
Next move reports to a new 97 database and convert, then import into the
main database.  Same with forms and modules.  If you hit the same problem
with any of these pieces, then you can convert the objects one by one until
the problem is found.

Best,
Glenn Robbins

Quote:> After that a Access 97 mdb was converted to Access 2000 mdb , MS Access
> reported that there were some conversion errors. When I try to open the
mdb
> after the conversion, DAO reports an error right at the connection.

> Does anyone know  why these problems occur and how to solve them ?

> thanks,
> Oscar

Access 97 mdb could not be opened after a conversion to Access 2000 mdb

Post by osca » Wed, 07 Nov 2001 00:43:35

Hi Mima,

how can I find out which service pack was installed at my configuration ?

Oscar

> Hi Oscar!
> You have to install ServicePack5 or ServicePack6 that you can use Access
> 2000, otherwise you can't. In Properties/Connect you have to have Access
> 2000 not only Access.
> Regards, Mima!

> > After that a Access 97 mdb was converted to Access 2000 mdb , MS Access
> > reported that there were some conversion errors. When I try to open the
> mdb
> > after the conversion, DAO reports an error right at the connection.

> > Does anyone know  why these problems occur and how to solve them ?

> > thanks,
> > Oscar

Access 97 mdb could not be opened after a conversion to Access 2000 mdb

Post by Joe C » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 08:04:56

DAO connects with DAO 3.6 dll. Change DAO Reference to DAO 3.6 and see if it
would help.

Joe

Quote:> After that a Access 97 mdb was converted to Access 2000 mdb , MS Access
> reported that there were some conversion errors. When I try to open the
mdb
> after the conversion, DAO reports an error right at the connection.

> Does anyone know  why these problems occur and how to solve them ?

> thanks,
> Oscar

Access 97 mdb could not be opened after a conversion to Access 2000 mdb

Post by osca » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 09:40:11

I've done that. After that I set a reference to DAO 3.6 instead of DAO 3.51
the system fires errors to some existing DAO methods. These are for example
the Createfield method ( method not available) and also ' set fld = New
field' fires an error : 'Invalid use of New keyword'. These problems don't
occur when I set an reference to DAO3.51 but DAO3.51 doesn't recognize the
Access 2000 database format.

It sounds that DAO 3.61 might be the problem. I don't know how to solve
this.

Oscar

> DAO connects with DAO 3.6 dll. Change DAO Reference to DAO 3.6 and see if
it
> would help.

> Joe

> > After that a Access 97 mdb was converted to Access 2000 mdb , MS Access
> > reported that there were some conversion errors. When I try to open the
> mdb
> > after the conversion, DAO reports an error right at the connection.

> > Does anyone know  why these problems occur and how to solve them ?

> > thanks,
> > Oscar

1. Access to access 2000 mdb by access 97 program via VB6 and ADO

Help please!!!  I am now at working with database and have
been working on a project for awhile. I am using VB6 and
access 2000. I have everything working great on my machine
and other machines that happen to have access 2000 loaded.
I put the .MDB file on the server and created a system
Data Source under the ODBC section. However, the 97/95
systems don't have the correct mdb driver listed. Can
someone tell me what I need to do to "make" it work!!! Can
I download a driver to put in it? I am useing ado 2.5 in
the vb program.  Thank you for any help.

2. How to perform a two-way replication ?

3. Converting Access 97 MDB file to Access 2000

4. SQL backup problem

5. Converting Access MDB 97-->2000 with ADO!!!

6. Problem with ADO 2.1

7. Opening a connection with ADO to a MS Access 97 .mdb file

8. Help ! UNICODE with PHP

9. Open a ACCESS 97 (*.mdb) with Delphi 3

10. Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 Provider not working with Access 97 MDB

11. VB command object with parameter does not return rows from Access 97 .mdb

12. Automatic conservion or importing to Access 97 from Access 2.0 MDB

13. how do i start another app and accessing access 97 mdb's