Flushing changes to paradox database from Delphi 5

Flushing changes to paradox database from Delphi 5

Post by Jochem Wielder » Thu, 05 Apr 2001 18:15:29

Hi,

I'm using Delphi 5 and Paradox. Since i like to use the database
"multi-user" I like to write changes made by one user to the database. But
whatever I do, the changes are stored in a local cash.
I want to write directely to the database and I like a "Save" button that
flushes the cash (since all changes are lost with eventual crashes and power
failures). I tryed a lot of things yet, but nothing worked so far.

Thanks in advance

Jochem Wielders

Flushing changes to paradox database from Delphi 5

Post by M.H. Avegaar » Thu, 05 Apr 2001 18:49:44

The best solution is to set LOCAL SHARE to TRUE in the BDE Administrator.
You can also change the LOCAL SHARE setting in code (see
http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,23231,00.html).

If you still want the Save button you can use:

uses
  BDE;

procedure TForm1.SaveButtonClick(Sender: TObject);
begin
  Check(DbiSaveChanges(Table1.Handle));
end;

> Hi,

> I'm using Delphi 5 and Paradox. Since i like to use the database
> "multi-user" I like to write changes made by one user to the database. But
> whatever I do, the changes are stored in a local cash.
> I want to write directely to the database and I like a "Save" button that
> flushes the cash (since all changes are lost with eventual crashes and
power
> failures). I tryed a lot of things yet, but nothing worked so far.

> Thanks in advance

> Jochem Wielders

1. Delphi:Paradox vs Delphi:SQL Anywhere vs Delphi:FoxPro via Apollo

I am creating an application to run on a local area network that will
have 1 to 4 users occasionally accessing the database.  I am hearing
paradox is slow on a network. Like everyone, I require fast data access.

Any comments on the above combinations?  Any recommendations?
Has anyone had success with other combinations ( no C/S stuff please)?

2. Automatic Backup on NT

3. Fast commit flushes and write behind flushes

4. Anyway to "packaging" a db?

5. Change Paradox Table's Password in Delphi

6. JDBC getConnection invalid Oracle-URL

7. Flush the Cache of Ado to see changes in Dao

8. xpath query parameters

9. Flushing changes

10. How to change an oracle database to a paradox database

11. Database development: Delphi vs. Paradox

12. Delphi application switching between InterBase and Paradox databases

13. Paradox Datenbanken aus Delphi 4 unter Delphi 5 mit ADO anbinden