Post by Bria » Sat, 30 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have experienced this error myself in the past, in my case it was due
moving the project from one PC to another, comctl32 on the second PC had a
different GUID (Global User ID) than the original even though the files
appeared to be the same, the way I overcame it was to make SetUp disks for
the app and actually install it on the second PC, this ensured that the
GUID's were correct.
Hope that helps.

You can usually tell if this is the case by trying to open the project in
VB, if you get error messages saying that the files could not be loaded
(even though they are there), then it's a good clue.

Brian

Post by Lyle Lavert » Sun, 31 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I need help while I still have some hair.  I have posted this msg in the
previously without any replies and now I am getting desperate.  Can you
tell?

My app generates an error that I think is a direct result of the comctl32.
The msg is "error opening file".  No error number and it is not displayed as
a runtime error even though the program immediately quits afterwards.

There is very limited code in the form_load event prior to the form actually
being displayed and the code there is references the treeview, listview and
statusbar.

If any can enlighten me at all it would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks
- Lyle

1. <<<RDBMS/UNIX/SYBASE ENGINEERS WANTED>>>>Oakland, CA

TCN Needs SEVERAL Software Engineers until the end of the year plus
probable extensions

Responsibilities: Our Client is rebuilding their entire automated test
environment for their RDBMS software product.  You will be developing
test software for the QA Dept.  You will be looking at statements
regarding specific functions of the database and coding automated test
scripts that will be used be the Quality Assurance Department for
testing.  THIS IS A CHALLENGING, HIGHLY VISIBLE PROJECT!!!!

Required: SYBASE (1 Year Minimum), SQL, C, SHELL SCRIPT OR PERL, UNIX,
Excellent English Language skills, knowledge of testing methodologies.

Desired: SunOS, SOLARIS, TCL, TET, RDBMS, Test Script Development, DBA
Experience

Location: Bay Area, California (near Oakland/Berkeley)

Start date is JULY 10th  and THE CLIENT IS INTERVIEWING NOW!!!! WE HAVE
INTERVIEW DATES OF JUNE 29th and on

We will work with Independent Incorporated Contractors OR W2's

Please respond immediately to:
Ilene Blender
TCN
1020 Marsh Road, Suite 110
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(415) 324-3222 x-251
(415) 324-2922 fax

**Please note there are NO ENTRY LEVEL OPENINGS!  You must have at
least a minimum of 5 years of paid computer industry experience!

**If this person has extensive test script development, they would
waive the SYBASE requirement as Oracle, Informix, Ingres would be O.K.

2. Tools for DataMart

3. timestamp of last index rebuild

4. i want to execute my DTS package from VB - help me...

5. <><><> www.FotoCD.net <><><>

6. Hints for SQL tuning

7. >>>>>>Cheap but handy DESIGN-tool for relational db's<<<<<<

8. >>>>>> Attention CTO Candidates <<<<<<

9. <<<<<<ON SALE FOR OCP ORACLE DBA test(1ZO-013) material >>>>>>

10. >>>>>---- BETA TESTERS WANTED -------<<<<<<<