validate field entries

Post by obviou » Mon, 01 Jul 2002 20:08:18

I am making an address book with a number of field entries.

One field is asking the user to enter the email address.

I would like to validate this entry to be in the correct format and to
display an error message window

if it's incorrect.eg.

- .xx country code or .com, .net, edu, .mil, .gov, .org at end

validate field entries

Post by Kenny MacLeo » Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:08:51

> I am making an address book with a number of field entries.

> One field is asking the user to enter the email address.

> I would like to validate this entry to be in the correct format and to
> display an error message window

> if it's incorrect.eg.

> - .xx country code or .com, .net, edu, .mil, .gov, .org at end

You could use the javamail library.  javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress
class which verifies that sort of thing (I think).

http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/

1. Coping Master table field entry to Detail table field entry

I have a law enforcement evidence tracking application which is made up of
a Master table (where the suspect personal address, citation number, etc.
information is entered) and then a detail table (where the seized equipment
articles are entered).

I use a citation number (L-01111) as the primary key field to link the two.
 When I arrive at the detail table to enter the numerous items I manually
enter the same citation number from the Master table (while adding a 001)
incrementally to each additional item (example - L-0111-001 as the first
item, then L-0111-002 as the second, and so on.  These become evidence tag
numbers for inventory purposes).

Is there a way to have the detail table copy the citation number
automatically from the Master table  "CitNo#"  field down into the detail
table "CitNo#"  field, and additionally add (if possible) the needed "-001"
behind that number?   The problem is I have officers put evidence tag
numbers of all descriptions in this field of the detail table and I'd like
to control that and have the application automatically enter the needed
sequence without need for officer entry in this field.

Thanks for any help you could spare me with this problem.

2. Need easy Ad-hoc reportin

3. Validating Data Entry within A Web Application

4. JET hangs under NT SP3

5. Validating user's entry

6. Customer says "it freezes." But how do I diagnose?

7. validate change to initial data entry

8. How to validate a user entry for a grid cell

9. coded entry over password entry field

10. Validating a field based on multiple fields?

11. W4GL (2.0) Table Fields - Entry Fields

12. Newbie question - activating fields depending on entry in one field