Paradox table limitation

Post by Vinh La » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Does anyone know the size limitation for paradox table...Such as maximum
number of records per table and maximum table size (how many MB)...
I ran into a problem when loading a paradox table and get the message
"table full"
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Paradox table limitation

Post by Torolf Holt » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Does anyone know the size limitation for paradox table...Such as maximum
> number of records per table and maximum table size (how many MB)...
> I ran into a problem when loading a paradox table and get the message
> "table full"

Use the BDE config. utility.
On the 'drivers' page, choose Paradox.  Set the BLOCK SIZE to a higher
number.
Max. table size is 64K multiplied by <block size> (I think ...).

Aage J.
01

Paradox table limitation

Post by Pierre du Part » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Open the BDE configuration program and set the BLOCK SIZE to 4096 (for
Paradox, of Course).
Note that you'll probably have to rebuild the affected tables.

For a more indepth discussion check out
http://www.informant.com/undu/DN970101/00000018.htm

Quote:> Does anyone know the size limitation for paradox table...Such as maximum
> number of records per table and maximum table size (how many MB)...
> I ran into a problem when loading a paradox table and get the message
> "table full"
> Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Paradox table limitation

Post by Paul Motye » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Max table size for Paradox 7: 2Gb.

I have a 1.1 Gb table in daily use (with no problems).

HTH,

--
Paul Motyer
Soft Stuff, Croydon, Australia, 3136

> Open the BDE configuration program and set the BLOCK SIZE to 4096 (for
> Paradox, of Course).
> Note that you'll probably have to rebuild the affected tables.

> For a more indepth discussion check out
> http://www.informant.com/undu/DN970101/00000018.htm

> > Does anyone know the size limitation for paradox table...Such as
maximum
> > number of records per table and maximum table size (how many MB)...
> > I ran into a problem when loading a paradox table and get the message
> > "table full"
> > Any help will be greatly appreciated!

1. Paradox Table Size Limitations ???

I hope someone can help me.

I am trying to figure out how to create a database
in Paradox that can be larger than 128 Megabytes.

Every time I append to that point I get a "Database Full"
Message.

If this is the Maximum size could someone please let me know?

If not could someone please tell me how to create a table
that will go larger than 128 Mbytes in Paradox for Windows 5.0.

Thanks

Leon Letto

2. US-IL-ORACLE HRMS FUNCTIONAL CONSULTANT

3. table fields number limitations in Paradox :(, Help!

4. Text to .dbf conversion program in C.

5. PL/SQL limitation while updating table A with a cursor on Table A

6. Reading first letter of each word in a field

7. Serious limitations of Paradox for DOS

8. Global Variables

9. Paradox volume size limitations (DOS and Win95)

10. Import Limitations in Paradox 7.0

11. Paradox 9 forms limitations

12. Paradox Limitations?

13. Paradox Form Limitations