16 bit ODBC drivers in the 32 bit environment

16 bit ODBC drivers in the 32 bit environment

Post by Israel Franke » Thu, 11 Jan 1996 04:00:00

How do I access my 16 bit ODBC drivers through Delphi
2.0? The drivers are MB Foster ODBC link for the Image
database on the HP 3000. Each beta looks better and
better, and I'm ready to move my development over there
now. There is currently no 32 bit version of these
drivers available. After configuring them through the BDE
configuration screen, it just doesn't recognize them. Am
I stuck?
--
Israel Frankel
Business Solutions, Inc.

16 bit ODBC drivers in the 32 bit environment

Post by Israel Franke » Thu, 11 Jan 1996 04:00:00

After posting this message I went back into my documentation and am now
afraid I may be violating non-disclosure by discussing this topic
publicly-- which is not at all my intention. If anyone has any
information regarding this, please e-mail me in private and don't discuss
it publicly. Sorry.
--
Israel Frankel
Business Solutions, Inc.

1. 16-bit/32-bit ODBC drivers - NT Environment

This may be a stupid question but:

Can a single NT system have both 16-bit and 32-bit ODBC drivers installed?
We seem to be unable to install 16-bit drivers for ODBC once we have the 32
bit ones already installed.  We have an application (chosen by a customer)
that uses 16-bit ODBC only against SQL Server but have been unable to
evaluate the application without 16-bit ODBC drivers.

--
George C. Sievers
Senior Programmer

2. Anyone using FOCUS?

3. ODBC driver installation conflicts (between 16 bit and 32 bit drivers) on NT

4. Stat Mux

5. Too much blank space at end of page when sliding

6. ODBC - Driver for 16-Bit and 32-Bit Windows NT Applikations

7. Difference between YYYY and IYYY

8. 32 bit BDE with 16 bit ODBC Drivers

9. 16 Bit app trying to access 32 bit ODBC driver

10. 16 bit SQL Driver VS 32 bit SQL Driver

11. 16-bit applications in a 32-bit environment...

12. Migrating 16-bit ODBC DLL (SQLServer) to 32-bit ODBC DLL (MS Access)