Compiled app only works on vb5 machine

Post by Jeff Scot » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I have a VB5 app that uses a data control to read
a foxpro table. App works fine in VB5 environment.
After compiling, the compiled app works on any
machine where VB5 is installed. On every other machine
I am getting a runtime error,
(Data Error event err: Application-defined or Object-defined error.)

Can anyone tell me what the other machines need.

Thanks, Jeff scott

1. App runs in Vb5 IDE but not compiled runtime

I have an application that runs in the IDE of VB5 Enterprise but when I
compile it and run it as a standalone exe,  it fails with an error 5
(Invalid Procedure Call).  I am manipulating data in Access 7.0 with linked
Oracle 7.3 tables.

I can't seem to track down the problem code.  If anyone has had similar
experiences could you please tell me how you solved it.

Thank you.

-Darryl

2. Improve performance of this TOP N based query

3. App in VB5 using Access97 incompatible with machine using Access 2000

4. Null to empty string function for queries

5. GPF on VFP5

6. SQL-Programmer 2.1 (NEW) is out!

7. My ADO apps only work on developement machine

8. How can my app work with both only ado3.5 and only ado3.6 installed machine

9. Distributed app using ADO does not work on some Win98 machines

10. I ran the VB5 ASW, but my app still won't work on other computers

11. Distributed VB5 App Suddenly Stops Working