Refresh a report made in Crystal Report.

Refresh a report made in Crystal Report.

Post by Marcos Valdivies » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

How can I refresh the data of a Crystal Report Report from Visual Basic.

                                            Thank you.

Refresh a report made in Crystal Report.

Post by sheetalj.. » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi Marcos,
as far as I understood from yr problem is you have commited
a common mistake which every new programmer commit in crystal
report.
There is one option in FILE menu called "Save with Data" un check
that option and save ur report then run from VB it will give you
the output

In case you want change the data based on some condtion from
crystal report there is something called .sqlquuery specify that

or there is property called .datadfile ( in case you are using
DBMS system foxpro,access etc you can specify the name of
differnt file at this level)

Hope above should help you

Thanx
sheetal jain
Crystal Report Consultant

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Refresh a report made in Crystal Report.

Post by kmurphy21a.. » Tue, 05 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi Marcos,
I have a similar problem with a crystal reports report not
being updated when viewed from within VB. This problem
only appeared when the application I wrote was installed
on a second machine. The report is saved with the 'save
with data' option turned off. However on machine B the
report is not populated within VB while on machine A the
report works as intended. The only difference in the two
machines is that machine A has VB Enterprise ver 5
installed while machine B has VB Professional ver 5.
I am in the process of resolving this difference in the
faint hope that this will work...

> Hi Marcos,
> as far as I understood from yr problem is you have commited
> a common mistake which every new programmer commit in crystal
> report.
> There is one option in FILE menu called "Save with Data" un check
> that option and save ur report then run from VB it will give you
> the output

> In case you want change the data based on some condtion from
> crystal report there is something called .sqlquuery specify that

> or there is property called .datadfile ( in case you are using
> DBMS system foxpro,access etc you can specify the name of
> differnt file at this level)

> Hope above should help you

> Thanx
> sheetal jain
> Crystal Report Consultant

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Making Crystal Reports display memo fields without messing up other parts of the report

I am using the Crystal Reports that came with VB 4.0. I want to create an
invoice that has the totals in the bottom right of the invoice and a
multi-line message that changes from time to time to the left of the
totals. The messages are stored in memo fields in the database. However
when I print the report the total fields to the right of the memo field are
pushed down below the bottom border of the memo field. They do not move
left or right, just down below the level of the memo field as if the memo
field is taking up the entire area all the way across the report.

        Thanks for any help,

--
EnigmaamginE Ha,ha,ha... You have no idea!!!

2. SQL Queries & Disconnected RS

3. How to deploy reports made with Crystal Reports ?

4. DB-Backup fails (plan and manual)

5. Editing Crystal reports without Crystal Reports

6. Setting SQL Agent job properties

7. Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

8. Help Needed Desperately....

9. Announcement: Easily integrate Crystal Reports with Remedy with UFLTimeZone for Crystal Reports

10. REports and sub-reports in Crystal Reports

11. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

12. Help - Crystal Reports will not refresh

13. Crystal Reports will not refresh data