VB 5 with AccessXP

Post by Douglas J. Steel » Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:50:30

See whether the following KB articles apply:

PRB: Error "Unrecognized Database Format" When You Upgrade to Access 2000 or
2002:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-GB;q238401
FIX: The Data Form Wizard May Not Open an Access 2000 Database:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-GB;q242010
HOWTO: Modify the Visual Data Manager (VISDATA) to Work with Access 2000
Databases:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-GB;q252438
FIX: Unrecognized Database Format Error with Data Control or Data Form
Wizard:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-GB;q257780

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

Quote:> I keep getting an unrecognizable database error when
> using VB 5 with AccessXP.  Is there something I am doing
> wrong?

1. VB & AccessXP DB

I am trying to connect a VB application to an Access
2000/2002 database. Until now I've been working with
Access97 and it worked just fine.

The new format is not recognized so I am missing a
reference/component. Can you please guide me? Which
components should I add to the project? Should I use the
Jet4 engine as well?

See the following:

PRB: Error "Unrecognized Database Format" When You Upgrade to Access 2000 or 2002
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q238401&LN=EN...

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

2. ADO Datagrid Sybase Update error

3. LinkChild/LinkMaster not working for me in AccessXP/SQLServer adp

4. Install SQL2K STD on Win2K Server

5. AccessXP

6. ini-file utillity

7. Develop with AccessXP - Client with Access 2000

8. informix 5.10UC5

9. ODBC-WinXP-AccessXP-SQL2000?

10. Connecting AccessXP to SQL Server7

11. ADP/ADE in AccessXP/Developer