newbee Jdbc-Odbc bridge driver with MS-Access

newbee Jdbc-Odbc bridge driver with MS-Access

Post by Vladimir Kogu » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00



When I'm trying to run applet OutputApplet.html from jdbc-codeExamples2_0
demo (http://javasoft.com/products/jdbc/book.html)
I'm getting error "Can't find Database driver class:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun/jdbc/odbc/JdbcOdbcDriver".
I understand, it can't find driver class but how to fix it ? This driver
should be included in JDK1.2 that I'm running, so seems I don't need any
"classpath" variable on my system.
Could somebody help me with that ?

All what I need to be able to connect to MS-Access via my applet on
Intranet.

 
 
 

newbee Jdbc-Odbc bridge driver with MS-Access

Post by Ron Parke » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00


I am able to run this example under NN 4.6, but not IE 5.  I have the jdk bin
and lib subdirectories in my path statement.  I also have tools.jar in my
classpath.

However, I get the same error you are reporting in IE.

My add-on question is how to get this applet to work under IE?


> When I'm trying to run applet OutputApplet.html from jdbc-codeExamples2_0
> demo (http://javasoft.com/products/jdbc/book.html)
> I'm getting error "Can't find Database driver class:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun/jdbc/odbc/JdbcOdbcDriver".
> I understand, it can't find driver class but how to fix it ? This driver
> should be included in JDK1.2 that I'm running, so seems I don't need any
> "classpath" variable on my system.
> Could somebody help me with that ?

> All what I need to be able to connect to MS-Access via my applet on
> Intranet.

--
Ron Parker
Software Creations            http://www.scbbs.com
TradeWinds Publishing         http://www.intl-trade.com
TradePoint Los Angeles        http://www.tradepointla.org
SiteDirector Security Server  http://livepublish.scbbs.com
Civil War Online Library      http://civilwar.scbbs.com

 
 
 

newbee Jdbc-Odbc bridge driver with MS-Access

Post by Martin Bor » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00


Microsoft has a JDBC-ODBC driver that ships with the Development studio. I dont
remember the package name ... I think that IE doesnt use the Sun Java
(classpath). Instead it uses Java Classes installed by Microsoft in the
Windows/NT  Catalog.
 
 
 

newbee Jdbc-Odbc bridge driver with MS-Access

Post by Stefan Zschock » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00


Yes, but it is not jdbc2.0, but jdbc1.2. So not all jdbc-methods are
supported. (com.ms.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver). You might consider using a
java2-plugin for IE to run your applet.
Stefan


Quote:> Microsoft has a JDBC-ODBC driver that ships with the Development studio. I
dont
> remember the package name ... I think that IE doesnt use the Sun Java
> (classpath). Instead it uses Java Classes installed by Microsoft in the
> Windows/NT  Catalog.

 
 
 

newbee Jdbc-Odbc bridge driver with MS-Access

Post by Ron Parke » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00


Do you know if this (or any jdbc) driver is installed with the IE 5 Java Virtual
Machine?


> Yes, but it is not jdbc2.0, but jdbc1.2. So not all jdbc-methods are
> supported. (com.ms.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver). You might consider using a
> java2-plugin for IE to run your applet.
> Stefan



> > Microsoft has a JDBC-ODBC driver that ships with the Development studio. I
> dont
> > remember the package name ... I think that IE doesnt use the Sun Java
> > (classpath). Instead it uses Java Classes installed by Microsoft in the
> > Windows/NT  Catalog.

--
Ron Parker
Software Creations            http://www.scbbs.com
TradeWinds Publishing         http://www.intl-trade.com
TradePoint Los Angeles        http://www.tradepointla.org
SiteDirector Security Server  http://livepublish.scbbs.com
Civil War Online Library      http://civilwar.scbbs.com
 
 
 

newbee Jdbc-Odbc bridge driver with MS-Access

Post by Stefan Zschock » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00


Yes, it is part of the MS java vm.
Stefan

> Do you know if this (or any jdbc) driver is installed with the IE 5 Java
Virtual
> Machine?


> > Yes, but it is not jdbc2.0, but jdbc1.2. So not all jdbc-methods are
> > supported. (com.ms.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver). You might consider using a
> > java2-plugin for IE to run your applet.
> > Stefan



> > > Microsoft has a JDBC-ODBC driver that ships with the Development
studio. I
> > dont
> > > remember the package name ... I think that IE doesnt use the Sun Java
> > > (classpath). Instead it uses Java Classes installed by Microsoft in
the
> > > Windows/NT  Catalog.

> --
> Ron Parker
> Software Creations            http://www.scbbs.com
> TradeWinds Publishing         http://www.intl-trade.com
> TradePoint Los Angeles        http://www.tradepointla.org
> SiteDirector Security Server  http://livepublish.scbbs.com
> Civil War Online Library      http://civilwar.scbbs.com

 
 
 

newbee Jdbc-Odbc bridge driver with MS-Access

Post by Ron Parke » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00


I'm sorry, I guess I should have asked what the path was for the jdbc driver for
Internet Explorer (i.e., com.ms.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver).  I could then use
javascript to send the correct driver name to the applet depending upon the
browser.

Thanks.


> Yes, it is part of the MS java vm.
> Stefan


> > Do you know if this (or any jdbc) driver is installed with the IE 5 Java
> Virtual
> > Machine?


> > > Yes, but it is not jdbc2.0, but jdbc1.2. So not all jdbc-methods are
> > > supported. (com.ms.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver). You might consider using a
> > > java2-plugin for IE to run your applet.
> > > Stefan



> > > > Microsoft has a JDBC-ODBC driver that ships with the Development
> studio. I
> > > dont
> > > > remember the package name ... I think that IE doesnt use the Sun Java
> > > > (classpath). Instead it uses Java Classes installed by Microsoft in
> the
> > > > Windows/NT  Catalog.

> > --
> > Ron Parker
> > Software Creations            http://www.scbbs.com
> > TradeWinds Publishing         http://www.intl-trade.com
> > TradePoint Los Angeles        http://www.tradepointla.org
> > SiteDirector Security Server  http://livepublish.scbbs.com
> > Civil War Online Library      http://civilwar.scbbs.com

--
Ron Parker
Software Creations            http://www.scbbs.com
TradeWinds Publishing         http://www.intl-trade.com
TradePoint Los Angeles        http://www.tradepointla.org
SiteDirector Security Server  http://livepublish.scbbs.com
Civil War Online Library      http://civilwar.scbbs.com
 
 
 

1. SQL Delete Syntax for using MS Access with JDBC-ODBC Bridge Driver

Hello there,

I'm doing a college project which involves using Java and Databases.

I'm using Postgres and Java as my main development platform. I also want
to be able to port it to other platforms. I pretty much successfully got
MS Access '97 working with the Java classes. I have come across a
problem:

When deleting records from a table the DELETE SQL call accepts no field
arguments i.e.:
DELETE FROM <table_name> WHERE <conditions>

But MS Access and the ODBC Driver (Standard Win 95/NT Driver) won't let
me delete any records without specifying a field argument:
DELETE * FROM <table_name> WHERE <conditions>

I need to include an asterisk, or the field names of the record to be
able to delete the record from the Access database- but this then won't
work Postgres.

I'm stuck :( - so any help would really be appreciated .

Thanks a million,
Take care,
Brian.

2. Anyone know of ZIPKEY?

3. invalid descriptor index with MS SQL server, ODBC driver and JDBC-ODBC Bridge

4. CD-KEY for Downloaded Evaluation SQL2K

5. JDBC-ODBC Bridge Driver problem with MS ODBC SQL Server

6. Approach find

7. JDBC Driver for MS Access (Not JDBC-ODBC Driver)

8. oracle 8 hot backup without archivelog mode ?

9. Accessing MS Access on a server with ODBC JDBC Bridge

10. Reading from MS Excel with JDBC-ODBC Bridge Driver

11. JDBC:ODBC bridge and MS Access

12. Accessing a MS SQL database with JDBC/ODBC bridge

13. JDBC-ODBC Bridge and MS Access