Going Nuts

Post by Nuno » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Why this keeps giving this error runtime error '3421'
datatype convertion error.

Datacri its a date field like 12-12-98 09:55:58

DB_Pe.Recordset.OpenRecordset ("SELECT " & "Min(DATACRI) AS MinData " &
"FROM Permuta;")

TIA

Going Nuts

Post by Merf » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Not sure. Is DATACRI a variable set outside the command? If so, you have the
quotes in the wrong place. Also, get rid of the semi-colon. Try this:

Quote:>DB_Pe.Recordset.OpenRecordset ("SELECT " & "Min(DATACRI) AS MinData " &
>"FROM Permuta;")

DB_Pe.Recordset.OpenRecordset ("SELECT Min(" & DATACRI & ") AS MinData FROM
Permuta")

If DATACRI  is a field in your database, try this:

DB_Pe.Recordset.OpenRecordset ("SELECT Min(DATACRI) AS MinData FROM
Permuta")

Make sure DATACRI  is defined as something that a Minimum value can be
extracted.

--
Merf

www.milemate.com

>Why this keeps giving this error runtime error '3421'
>datatype convertion error.

>Datacri its a date field like 12-12-98 09:55:58

>DB_Pe.Recordset.OpenRecordset ("SELECT " & "Min(DATACRI) AS MinData " &
>"FROM Permuta;")

>TIA

1. please help - going nuts with DSNless connection

Help - the below is the script that UD has generated for the ADO (Connection
String):

<%
var rsObjective = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset");
rsObjective.ActiveConnection = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
(*.mdb)};Dbq=E:\Members\x\Mr.x\mydb.mdb;Uid=Mr.x;Pwd=classified;";
rsObjective.Source = "SELECT * FROM Objective";
rsObjective.CursorType = 0;
rsObjective.CursorLocation = 2;
rsObjective.LockType = 3;
rsObjective.Open();
var rsObjective_numRows = 0;
%>

The below is the error IE displays: (also NN)

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
displayed.

----

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the www.cfm-resources.com home page, and then look for links to the
information you want.
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

----

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x6c0 Thread 0x75c
DBC 0xd35c024 Jet'.
/x/Mr.x/objective.asp, line 3

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 4.0)

Page:
GET /x/Mr.x/objective.asp

Time:
Friday, December 22, 2000, 2:30:46 AM

More information:
Microsoft Support

PLEASE HELP SINCE I AM PULLING MY HAIR OUT SINCE IT IS OBVIOUS ON LINE 3 OF
THE SCRIPT IS I AM JUST UTILISING THE DSN LESS CONNECTION - I DONT
UNDERSTAND WHY THAT HAS ANYTHING GOT TO DO WITH THE REGISTRY ON THE SERVER
SINCE THIS ASP PAGE IS GIVE "DSN LESS CONNECTION".
Please remove (spammers get filtered) in case of replying directly.
Thanks so muchhhh...

2. DBA position opening

3. Going nuts over this error...

4. Newbie relationship

5. Full-text searching (Microsoft Search service) goes nuts

6. DLL Problems (GPF)

7. HELP--Going NUTS-->>DTS Package and Foxpro

8. Primary Keys

9. Going Nuts - TEXT/Blobs need to be the last field in a table

10. Ever Had your Mouse Go nuts?

11. Going Nuts with DataGrid

12. Going Nuts

13. Identify fields values go nuts after reboot