Help! Multiple idapi.cfg files

Post by Greg Forreste » Fri, 06 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Please help/guide me.

I have an app in which I wish to keep the IDAPI.CFG file
completely separate from any other config.  How can you
start a prog and point to the appropriate IDAPI.CFG file.

--
Regards
Greg Forrester

Check out my Home Page!

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~statware

1. ALIAS IN idapi.cfg AND PDOXWORK.CFG

EVERYTIME I START TOOLS/BDE CONFIG I SEE VERY STRANGE ALIASES SUCH AS
ACCESS / ODBC DSN : ACCESS / OPEN MODE : BLANK
RS_BTRIEVE / ODBC DSN : RS_BTRIEVE / OPEN MODE : BLANK .
SO I DELETE ALIASES WHICH I NEVER MAKE AND FILE/SAVE.

BUT NEXT TIME I OPEN IT, I CAN SEE THEM AGAIN.

ALSO WHEN TRY TO SELECT TABLE1.DATABASENAME IN OBJECT INSPECTOR,
THERE IS ERROR MESSAGE " COULD NOT FIND OBJECT " .

PLS KINDLY ADVISE WHAT IS PROBLEM AND HOW CAN I FIX IT.

ALSO PLS ADV WHAT IS PDOXWORK.CFG .

I INSTALLED INFOPOWER FEW DAYS AGO AND LOOKS LIKE AFTER THAT TIME
 I EXPERIENCE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM BUT NOT SURE.

2. spid= -1, cann''t remember why. - Help!

3. Using an alternative idapi.cfg file

4. Installing Paradox with Win3.0

5. alternative idapi.cfg file

6. Importing MS Access Table into SQL 2000

7. How to modify the IDAPI.CFG

8. Web Hosting and Data Validation

9. Changing IDAPI.CFG from programm

10. Problems with Ingres and BDE configuration - idapi.cfg (1/1)

11. Pdox Win 5.0 - Idapi & Net.cfg

12. DELPHI 1 : Deployement of SQL Links application without IDAPI.CFG

13. IDAPI.CFG - reading and writing