ADO and ADOX together

Post by s bon » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:51:02

Hi,

I have a project in which I use ADO. NOw I need some ADOX
functionality as well. If I do #import msado25.tlb (for
ADO) and #import msadox.dll for ADOX, I get multiple
redefinition compile errors. Please advise me on what I
need to do. I have to use the 25.tlb because my users have
mdac2.5, and my app wont run if I use msado15.dll

Thanks,
Saroj Bono

ADO and ADOX together

Post by Roy Fin » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 05:45:27

Saroj Bono

if you have included the no_namespace option on the two imports, you will need
to remove them

regards
roy fine

Quote:> Hi,

> I have a project in which I use ADO. NOw I need some ADOX
> functionality as well. If I do #import msado25.tlb (for
> ADO) and #import msadox.dll for ADOX, I get multiple
> redefinition compile errors. Please advise me on what I
> need to do. I have to use the 25.tlb because my users have
> mdac2.5, and my app wont run if I use msado15.dll

> Thanks,
> Saroj Bono

ADO and ADOX together

Post by bonos » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 00:34:22

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Saroj Bono

>if you have included the no_namespace option on the two

imports, you will need

>to remove them

>regards
>roy fine

>> Hi,

so there should be no "nonamespace" on both #imports?
Thank you. Please give me a sample snippet for the 2
#imports.
Quote:>> I have a project in which I use ADO. NOw I need some
ADOX
>> functionality as well. If I do #import msado25.tlb (for
>> ADO) and #import msadox.dll for ADOX, I get multiple
>> redefinition compile errors. Please advise me on what I
>> need to do. I have to use the 25.tlb because my users
have
>> mdac2.5, and my app wont run if I use msado15.dll

>> Thanks,
>> Saroj Bono

>.

ADO and ADOX together

Post by Roy Fin » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 00:58:13

Saroj Bono

#import "C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado\msado25.tlb"
rename("EOF","adoEOF")
#import "C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado\msadox.dll"

regards
roy fine

1. Using ADO 2.1 / ADOX / ADO 2.0 with C++

A majority of the documentation I have come across, both in books and
online, has used Visual Basic to show code examples for ADO and ADOX. I
need to use C++. Is there C++ documentation available, preferably for at
least ADO 2.0 and ADOX?

2. BEST RDBMS

4. ADO Put a space between 2 fields concatenated together in .ListField property

5. Ass-ential's First Acquisition

6. DAO and ADO together?

7. textserver/context/intemedia development history

8. Ado & Dao together

9. DAO and ADO together?

10. HELP: ADO, RDS, and Sybase not working together

11. ADO bindings together with recordset Filtering

12. Can DAO and ADO work together?