ADO in VB5?

Post by Shawn Marti » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 05:06:56

Is it possible to add the ADO component to VB5? I would like to learn how to
program databases with ADO and connect to SQL 7.0.

ADO in VB5?

Post by Douglas J. Steel » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 08:32:13

No problem at all. Simply download and install MDAC from
http://www.microsoft.com/data/, and add a reference to Microsoft ActiveX
Data Objects 2.x Library to your project (2.x will depend on what version of
MDAC you downloaded)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

Quote:> Is it possible to add the ADO component to VB5? I would like to learn how
> program databases with ADO and connect to SQL 7.0.

1. Indexed Searches SQL6.5 ADO and VB5

I'm converting to ADO with VB5 connecting to an SQL server.  My connections
are made but there are no "Seek" methods available with ADO other than a
slow FIND.  I need to do a seek on an indexed fields.  Should I create a
command and have SQL do the search, and if so, what is SQL's syntax?  I am
obviously weak on SQL.  thanx if you can help.

2. Oracle db replication and laod balancing

3. Use ADO from VB5 with DataControl-based forms

4. DTS importing from text file

5. ADO for VB5

6. Connection Problem ! Yelp!

7. Assigning Recordset created with ADO to VB5 DataControl ?

8. help : plugging a security hole

9. ADO in vb5

10. Using ADO in VB5

11. Using ADO with VB5