ADO 2.5/OleDB CommandTimeout ?

Post by msnews.co » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I need to adjust the default timeout on queries runnig under ado2.5 using
oldeb provider to SQL Server. Is the connection.commandtimeout property
supported by oldeb? Can I put this in the the connections string? Will it be
passed to the recordset?  Or must I create a command and set the timeout on
the command??

Also does ado2.5 through oledb support automatic connection pooling ???

Thanks for your help

Barry Fitzgerald

1. Is there a CommandTimeout property on ado.net oledb

Checkout the OleDbCommand.CommandTimeout
Gets or sets the wait time before terminating an attempt to execute a
command and generating an error.
Property Value
The time (in seconds) to wait for the command to execute. The default is 30
seconds.
Remarks
A value of 0 indicates no limit, and should be avoided in a CommandTimeout
because an attempt to execute a command will wait indefinitely.

Hope this answers your question

Ramesh Thyagarajan, MCSD,MCDBA
Microsoft Developer support

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

2. lock monitoring

3. Problems persisting ADO 2.5 recordset using Jet.OLEDB.40

4. Grid is blank

5. NT Task Manager (MS Sql Enterprise - No Response)

6. ADO 2.5 - OLEDB Provider for Indexing Services

7. SQL 7.0 SP2 on Windows2000

8. ADO 2.5 (MDAC 2.5) WHERE is it???

9. ADO 2.5 bugs(?) and ADOX 2.5

10. Where is MDAC 2.5 SDK (ADO 2.5)

11. Referencing ADO 2.5 or (ADO 2.5 and ADOR 2.5) ?

12. ADO 2.5 or ADO 2.6