Idapi.CFG

Post by William Buchana » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Is it possible to programmatically add a database alias to the BDE using
Delphi 1?
If so how???
Thanks for any replies

--
Buck

Idapi.CFG

Post by Markku Nevalaine » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Is it possible to programmatically add a database alias to the BDE using
> Delphi 1?
> If so how???
> Thanks for any replies

You'll find the Inprise suggestion how to do it in here:
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex/dbiopencfginfolist.html?+

Note, you'll probably need BDE 2.52. With version 2.50 there may be problems
at least with deleting/renaming existing aliases.

Markku Nevalainen

1. ALIAS IN idapi.cfg AND PDOXWORK.CFG

EVERYTIME I START TOOLS/BDE CONFIG I SEE VERY STRANGE ALIASES SUCH AS
ACCESS / ODBC DSN : ACCESS / OPEN MODE : BLANK
RS_BTRIEVE / ODBC DSN : RS_BTRIEVE / OPEN MODE : BLANK .
SO I DELETE ALIASES WHICH I NEVER MAKE AND FILE/SAVE.

BUT NEXT TIME I OPEN IT, I CAN SEE THEM AGAIN.

ALSO WHEN TRY TO SELECT TABLE1.DATABASENAME IN OBJECT INSPECTOR,
THERE IS ERROR MESSAGE " COULD NOT FIND OBJECT " .

PLS KINDLY ADVISE WHAT IS PROBLEM AND HOW CAN I FIX IT.

ALSO PLS ADV WHAT IS PDOXWORK.CFG .

I INSTALLED INFOPOWER FEW DAYS AGO AND LOOKS LIKE AFTER THAT TIME
 I EXPERIENCE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM BUT NOT SURE.

2. Recovering a .MDF file with a damaged .LDF file...

3. Problems with Ingres and BDE configuration - idapi.cfg (0/1)

4. looking for a job in combined field (chemistry and web/database/java)

5. Setting NET DIR in IDAPI.CFG

6. how to unable a stored procedure to be call twice in the same time ?

7. alternative idapi.cfg file

8. MDX Queries and Web Components

9. DELPHI 1 : Deployement of SQL Links application without IDAPI.CFG

10. Changing IDAPI.CFG does not affect Paradox Table behavior

11. Problems with Ingres and BDE configuration - idapi.cfg (0/1)

12. How to modify IDAPI.CFG

13. Using alternate IDAPI.CFG with an app