Require Info on Adabas-C -jdbc driver

Post by N.V.D » Sat, 08 Mar 2003 14:30:44

Hai ,

  I am told to find a solution to access Adabas-C using JDBC. I tried
searching net but in vain. Can anyone throw some light on this area.
Can I access the required structure in Adabas-C using JDBC if so any
links or HOWTO.

Thanks  and best regards,
Dev

Require Info on Adabas-C -jdbc driver

Post by Dave Glasse » Sat, 08 Mar 2003 22:05:00

comp.lang.java.databases:

Quote:>Hai ,

>  I am told to find a solution to access Adabas-C using JDBC. I tried
>searching net but in vain. Can anyone throw some light on this area.
>Can I access the required structure in Adabas-C using JDBC if so any
>links or HOWTO.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the open-source SAP DB is a derivative
of Adabas. Maybe you'll find useful information at www.sapdb.org

----
Check out QueryForm, a free, open source, Java/Swing-based
front end for relational databases.

http://qform.sourceforge.net

Post by Daniel Dittma » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 04:46:18

> I'm not 100% sure, but I think the open-source SAP DB is a derivative
> of Adabas. Maybe you'll find useful information at www.sapdb.org

Not true. Adabas C is a hierarchical database. Adabas D (the sources of
which were sold to SAP to become SAP DB) is a relational database.

Daniel

Require Info on Adabas-C -jdbc driver

Post by Paul Dembr » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:58:51

Quote:> Hai ,
>   I am told to find a solution to access Adabas-C using JDBC. I tried
> searching net but in vain. Can anyone throw some light on this area.
> Can I access the required structure in Adabas-C using JDBC if so any
> links or HOWTO.

Software AG has a JDBC driver for ADABAS C using ADABAS SQLSERVER (aka
ESQL).  If you do not have ADABAS SQLSERVER, then you could use our
VORTEXgenesis product along with our VORTEXjdbc driver (www.trifox.com).
VORTEXjdbc is a type 3 JDBC driver while VORTEXgenesis provides an SQL
interface to ADABAS. On what platform are you running ADABAS?
Regards,
Paul

Require Info on Adabas-C -jdbc driver

Post by news.i-cable.co » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 23:24:03

try Jadabas from Software AG

Quote:> Hai ,

>   I am told to find a solution to access Adabas-C using JDBC. I tried
> searching net but in vain. Can anyone throw some light on this area.
> Can I access the required structure in Adabas-C using JDBC if so any
> links or HOWTO.

> Thanks  and best regards,
> Dev

Require Info on Adabas-C -jdbc driver

Post by N.V.D » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:36:38

Hai,

  Currently, we have Adabas-C and Natural installed in Windows box. We
need to move the structure and the data from Adabas-C to Oracle.

Thanks for the information,
Dev