idapi.cfg

Post by Bert Tob » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I want to made changes or add a new paradox or msaccess item in the idapi.cfg but not with then BDEadmin.exe but in my Delphi 4 app. Does anyone have some code for me to do this ?

Thanks in advance
Bert

idapi.cfg

Post by Richard Cart » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

: I want to made changes or add a new paradox or msaccess item in the =
: idapi.cfg but not with then BDEadmin.exe but in my Delphi 4 app. Does =
: anyone have some code for me to do this ?

If this can be done, it would probably involve an API call to
the BDE.  Look for information and examples at
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde
--
Rick Carter

1. ALIAS IN idapi.cfg AND PDOXWORK.CFG

EVERYTIME I START TOOLS/BDE CONFIG I SEE VERY STRANGE ALIASES SUCH AS
ACCESS / ODBC DSN : ACCESS / OPEN MODE : BLANK
RS_BTRIEVE / ODBC DSN : RS_BTRIEVE / OPEN MODE : BLANK .
SO I DELETE ALIASES WHICH I NEVER MAKE AND FILE/SAVE.

BUT NEXT TIME I OPEN IT, I CAN SEE THEM AGAIN.

ALSO WHEN TRY TO SELECT TABLE1.DATABASENAME IN OBJECT INSPECTOR,
THERE IS ERROR MESSAGE " COULD NOT FIND OBJECT " .

PLS KINDLY ADVISE WHAT IS PROBLEM AND HOW CAN I FIX IT.

ALSO PLS ADV WHAT IS PDOXWORK.CFG .

I INSTALLED INFOPOWER FEW DAYS AGO AND LOOKS LIKE AFTER THAT TIME
 I EXPERIENCE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM BUT NOT SURE.

2. OMLET: Oracle 9i/8i Monitoring Applet

3. How to modify the IDAPI.CFG

4. Save sorted data from FlexGrid in Access

5. Changing IDAPI.CFG from programm

6. VB 4.0 EE and Oracle

7. Problems with Ingres and BDE configuration - idapi.cfg (1/1)

8. US-NJ: Moorestown-Oracle Applications DBA

9. Changing IDAPI.CFG does not affect Paradox Table behavior

10. alternative idapi.cfg file

11. Changing IDAPI.CFG programmatically, how?

12. IDAPI.CFG - reading and writing

13. Problems with Ingres and BDE configuration - idapi.cfg (0/1)