Printer.Print Page Height

Post by Marvi » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 06:14:55

Hello,
Using VB 6 with a MS Access 2000 database.  When printing a report using
printer.print how would I set the page height (Or form height).  I will be
printing to 5.5 inch high forms, but the printer always rolls forward after
the print job as if it were a full 11 inch high page.
Thanks,
Marvin

Printer.Print Page Height

Post by Sukesh Hooga » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 13:27:41

Marvin

Try

Printer.PaperSize=X   ' X is an integer

Sukesh

Quote:> Hello,
> Using VB 6 with a MS Access 2000 database.  When printing a report using
> printer.print how would I set the page height (Or form height).  I will be
> printing to 5.5 inch high forms, but the printer always rolls forward
after
> the print job as if it were a full 11 inch high page.
> Thanks,
> Marvin

Printer.Print Page Height

Post by Sukesh Hooga » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 16:07:41

Marvin

Settings for PaperSize

 1 = Letter (8-1/2 in. x 11 in.)
 2 = Letter Small (8-1/2 in. x 11 in.)
 3 = Tabloid (11 in. x 17 in.)
 4 = Ledger (17 in. x 11 in.)
 5 = Legal (8-1/2 in. x 14 in.)
 6 = Statement (5-1/2 in. x 8-1/2 in.)
 7 = Executive (7-1/2 in. x 10-1/2 in.)
 8 = A3 (297 mm x 420 mm)
 9 = A4 (210 mm x 297 mm)
10 = 4 Small (210 mm x 297 mm)
11 = A5 (148 mm x 210 mm)
12 = B4 (250 mm x 354 mm)
13 = B5 (182 mm x 257 mm)
14 = Folio (8-1/2 in. x 13 in.)
15 = Quarto (215 mm x 275 mm)
16 = 10 in. x 14 in.
17 = 11 in. x 17 in.

Sukesh

> Marvin

> Try

> Printer.PaperSize=X   ' X is an integer

> Sukesh

> > Hello,
> > Using VB 6 with a MS Access 2000 database.  When printing a report using
> > printer.print how would I set the page height (Or form height).  I will
be
> > printing to 5.5 inch high forms, but the printer always rolls forward
> after
> > the print job as if it were a full 11 inch high page.
> > Thanks,
> > Marvin

Printer.Print Page Height

Post by Marvi » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 22:58:37

Hello again,
Thank you for the help, but.....  If I use Printer.PaperSize = 1 then the
form prints correctly using a full letter size page.  If I try
Printer.PaperSize = 6, which is what I believe I want, I get "Improper
Property Value", am I perhaps missing something else?  (If I go to debug and
hold the cursor over the Printer.PaperSize = 6 line it tells me that
Printer.PaperSize = 256)
Printer is an Okidata MicroLine 320 dot matrix if that matters.
Thanks,
Marvin

> Marvin
> Try
> Printer.PaperSize=X   ' X is an integer
> Sukesh

> > Hello,
> > Using VB 6 with a MS Access 2000 database.  When printing a report using
> > printer.print how would I set the page height (Or form height).  I will
be
> > printing to 5.5 inch high forms, but the printer always rolls forward
> after
> > the print job as if it were a full 11 inch high page.
> > Thanks,
> > Marvin

Printer.Print Page Height

Post by Marvi » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 23:03:19

Update,
OK, I found and removed the printer height line I experimented with
yesterday (That didn't work), and re-tried printing using Printer.PaperSize
= 6, still get the "Improper Property value", but now the debug shows
Printer.PaperSize =1 instead of 256.
Thanks,
Marvin

> Hello again,
> Thank you for the help, but.....  If I use Printer.PaperSize = 1 then the
> form prints correctly using a full letter size page.  If I try
> Printer.PaperSize = 6, which is what I believe I want, I get "Improper
> Property Value", am I perhaps missing something else?  (If I go to debug
and
> hold the cursor over the Printer.PaperSize = 6 line it tells me that
> Printer.PaperSize = 256)
> Printer is an Okidata MicroLine 320 dot matrix if that matters.
> Thanks,
> Marvin

> > Marvin
> > Try
> > Printer.PaperSize=X   ' X is an integer
> > Sukesh

> > > Hello,
> > > Using VB 6 with a MS Access 2000 database.  When printing a report
using
> > > printer.print how would I set the page height (Or form height).  I
will
> be
> > > printing to 5.5 inch high forms, but the printer always rolls forward
> > after
> > > the print job as if it were a full 11 inch high page.
> > > Thanks,
> > > Marvin

Printer.Print Page Height

Post by Sukesh Hooga » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 01:57:51

Marvin
It seems the printer.papersize property, does not accept even values, only
odd values

Try

Printer.PaperSize =256  or Printer.PaperSize=vbPRPSUser   ' i.e user defined
and then set Height and Width properties to the desired values.

Sukesh

> Update,
> OK, I found and removed the printer height line I experimented with
> yesterday (That didn't work), and re-tried printing using
Printer.PaperSize
> = 6, still get the "Improper Property value", but now the debug shows
> Printer.PaperSize =1 instead of 256.
> Thanks,
> Marvin

> > Hello again,
> > Thank you for the help, but.....  If I use Printer.PaperSize = 1 then
the
> > form prints correctly using a full letter size page.  If I try
> > Printer.PaperSize = 6, which is what I believe I want, I get "Improper
> > Property Value", am I perhaps missing something else?  (If I go to debug
> and
> > hold the cursor over the Printer.PaperSize = 6 line it tells me that
> > Printer.PaperSize = 256)
> > Printer is an Okidata MicroLine 320 dot matrix if that matters.
> > Thanks,
> > Marvin

> > > Marvin
> > > Try
> > > Printer.PaperSize=X   ' X is an integer
> > > Sukesh

> using
> will
> > be
> > > after

Printer.Print Page Height

Post by Marvi » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:12:56

Sukesh,
Actually I get an error message if I use a Printer.PaperSize of anything
accept a 1.  If I leave it off and try to set Printer.Height then it appears
to ignore the Printer.Height and and prints out as if it were a full 11 inch
page anway.  The Help sections seem to be particularly useless in dealing
with Printer.xxxx.
Thanks,
Marvin

> Marvin
> It seems the printer.papersize property, does not accept even values, only
> odd values

> Try

> Printer.PaperSize =256  or Printer.PaperSize=vbPRPSUser   ' i.e user
defined
> and then set Height and Width properties to the desired values.

> Sukesh

> > Update,
> > OK, I found and removed the printer height line I experimented with
> > yesterday (That didn't work), and re-tried printing using
> Printer.PaperSize
> > = 6, still get the "Improper Property value", but now the debug shows
> > Printer.PaperSize =1 instead of 256.
> > Thanks,
> > Marvin

> > > Hello again,
> > > Thank you for the help, but.....  If I use Printer.PaperSize = 1 then
> the
> > > form prints correctly using a full letter size page.  If I try
> > > Printer.PaperSize = 6, which is what I believe I want, I get "Improper
> > > Property Value", am I perhaps missing something else?  (If I go to
debug
> > and
> > > hold the cursor over the Printer.PaperSize = 6 line it tells me that
> > > Printer.PaperSize = 256)
> > > Printer is an Okidata MicroLine 320 dot matrix if that matters.
> > > Thanks,
> > > Marvin

> > using
> > will
> > > be
> forward

Printer.Print Page Height

Post by Sukesh Hooga » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 00:51:32

Marvin
I tested the code in my previous post and there was no problem. It works.
In fact in one of my test applications, I too need a paper size to be about
5 inches.

let me see if I can get some more info on printer object and let you know

Sukesh

> Sukesh,
> Actually I get an error message if I use a Printer.PaperSize of anything
> accept a 1.  If I leave it off and try to set Printer.Height then it
appears
> to ignore the Printer.Height and and prints out as if it were a full 11
inch
> page anway.  The Help sections seem to be particularly useless in dealing
> with Printer.xxxx.
> Thanks,
> Marvin

> > Marvin
> > It seems the printer.papersize property, does not accept even values,
only
> > odd values

> > Try

> > Printer.PaperSize =256  or Printer.PaperSize=vbPRPSUser   ' i.e user
> defined
> > and then set Height and Width properties to the desired values.

> > Sukesh

> > > Update,
> > > OK, I found and removed the printer height line I experimented with
> > > yesterday (That didn't work), and re-tried printing using
> > Printer.PaperSize
> > > = 6, still get the "Improper Property value", but now the debug shows
> > > Printer.PaperSize =1 instead of 256.
> > > Thanks,
> > > Marvin

> > the
> debug
> > > and

> > > using
> > > will
> > forward

Printer.Print Page Height

Post by Marvi » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 05:50:16

Let me try a different approach here then.  It seems like I am stuck with
the printer pushing out 11 inches of paper for every 5 1/2 inch form it
prints.  Is it possible that when the next form is printed I can convince
the printer to roll back 5 1/2 inches automatically?  (To avoid the user
manually rolling the paper back and trying to line it up 100 times per day
after printing each form)
Thanks,
Marvin

> Sukesh,
> Actually I get an error message if I use a Printer.PaperSize of anything
> accept a 1.  If I leave it off and try to set Printer.Height then it
appears
> to ignore the Printer.Height and and prints out as if it were a full 11
inch
> page anway.  The Help sections seem to be particularly useless in dealing
> with Printer.xxxx. Pretty much every setting feeds 11 inches of paper or
> errors when it runs.
> Thanks,
> Marvin

> > Marvin
> > It seems the printer.papersize property, does not accept even values,
only
> > odd values

> > Try

> > Printer.PaperSize =256  or Printer.PaperSize=vbPRPSUser   ' i.e user
> defined
> > and then set Height and Width properties to the desired values.

> > Sukesh

> > > Update,
> > > OK, I found and removed the printer height line I experimented with
> > > yesterday (That didn't work), and re-tried printing using
> > Printer.PaperSize
> > > = 6, still get the "Improper Property value", but now the debug shows
> > > Printer.PaperSize =1 instead of 256.
> > > Thanks,
> > > Marvin

> > the
> debug
> > > and

> > > using
> > > will
> > forward

Printer.Print Page Height

Post by dnage » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 07:40:09

Why not figure out how to print two documents before the EndDoc statement?

If that does not work figure out the escape code sequence for the printer.
They usually show [R45 or something strange in the manual and that would
be represented by this : Printer.print chr$(27);"R45"

D.

> Let me try a different approach here then.  It seems like I am stuck with
> the printer pushing out 11 inches of paper for every 5 1/2 inch form it
> prints.  Is it possible that when the next form is printed I can convince
> the printer to roll back 5 1/2 inches automatically?  (To avoid the user
> manually rolling the paper back and trying to line it up 100 times per day
> after printing each form)
> Thanks,
> Marvin

> > Sukesh,
> > Actually I get an error message if I use a Printer.PaperSize of anything
> > accept a 1.  If I leave it off and try to set Printer.Height then it
> appears
> > to ignore the Printer.Height and and prints out as if it were a full 11
> inch
> > page anway.  The Help sections seem to be particularly useless in
dealing
> > with Printer.xxxx. Pretty much every setting feeds 11 inches of paper or
> > errors when it runs.
> > Thanks,
> > Marvin

> > > Marvin
> > > It seems the printer.papersize property, does not accept even values,
> only
> > > odd values

> > > Try

> > > Printer.PaperSize =256  or Printer.PaperSize=vbPRPSUser   ' i.e user
> > defined
> > > and then set Height and Width properties to the desired values.

> > > Sukesh

> > > Printer.PaperSize

> then
> > > the
> "Improper
> > debug

> report
> > > forward

Printer.Print Page Height

Post by Sukesh Hooga » Sun, 12 Aug 2001 03:10:21

Marvin

Check the settings in the printer in the settings>printers and also the
settings of the printer itself and see if the problem can be resolved there
No idea of the roll back.

Best of luck
Sukesh

> Let me try a different approach here then.  It seems like I am stuck with
> the printer pushing out 11 inches of paper for every 5 1/2 inch form it
> prints.  Is it possible that when the next form is printed I can convince
> the printer to roll back 5 1/2 inches automatically?  (To avoid the user
> manually rolling the paper back and trying to line it up 100 times per day
> after printing each form)
> Thanks,
> Marvin

> > Sukesh,
> > Actually I get an error message if I use a Printer.PaperSize of anything
> > accept a 1.  If I leave it off and try to set Printer.Height then it
> appears
> > to ignore the Printer.Height and and prints out as if it were a full 11
> inch
> > page anway.  The Help sections seem to be particularly useless in
dealing
> > with Printer.xxxx. Pretty much every setting feeds 11 inches of paper or
> > errors when it runs.
> > Thanks,
> > Marvin

> > > Marvin
> > > It seems the printer.papersize property, does not accept even values,
> only
> > > odd values

> > > Try

> > > Printer.PaperSize =256  or Printer.PaperSize=vbPRPSUser   ' i.e user
> > defined
> > > and then set Height and Width properties to the desired values.

> > > Sukesh

> > > Printer.PaperSize

> then
> > > the
> "Improper
> > debug

> report
> > > forward

Printer.Print Page Height

Post by Marvi » Wed, 15 Aug 2001 00:17:30

Figuring out how to get the second document to print isn't a tough one, the
problem is that one ticket is printed for each customer, they can't print a
second ticket until they finish the first customer and ticket and get them
out of the way to find out what to enter for the second ticket.  I will dig
out a printer manual from somewhere today and try to figure out the escape
code business.
Thanks,
Marvin

documents before the EndDoc statement?

> If that does not work figure out the escape code sequence for the printer.
> They usually show [R45 or something strange in the manual and that would
> be represented by this : Printer.print chr$(27);"R45"

> D.

> > Let me try a different approach here then.  It seems like I am stuck
with
> > the printer pushing out 11 inches of paper for every 5 1/2 inch form it
> > prints.  Is it possible that when the next form is printed I can
convince
> > the printer to roll back 5 1/2 inches automatically?  (To avoid the user
> > manually rolling the paper back and trying to line it up 100 times per
day
> > after printing each form)
> > Thanks,
> > Marvin

> > > Sukesh,
> > > Actually I get an error message if I use a Printer.PaperSize of
anything
> > > accept a 1.  If I leave it off and try to set Printer.Height then it
> > appears
> > > to ignore the Printer.Height and and prints out as if it were a full
11
> > inch
> > > page anway.  The Help sections seem to be particularly useless in
> dealing
> > > with Printer.xxxx. Pretty much every setting feeds 11 inches of paper
or
> > > errors when it runs.
> > > Thanks,
> > > Marvin

> > only

> > > defined

> shows

> > then
> > "Improper
> > > debug
> that

> > report
> height).

Printer.Print Page Height

Post by Marvi » Wed, 15 Aug 2001 00:21:48

Sukesh,

Checked the printer settings and everything seems to look OK.  Of all the
problems I had with this application attempt, resolving this printer problem
I thought would be one of the easiest, it turns out it is the last problem
instead.  Oh well, thanks for all the suggestions.

Marvin

> Marvin

> Check the settings in the printer in the settings>printers and also the
> settings of the printer itself and see if the problem can be resolved
there
> No idea of the roll back.

> Best of luck
> Sukesh

> > Let me try a different approach here then.  It seems like I am stuck
with
> > the printer pushing out 11 inches of paper for every 5 1/2 inch form it
> > prints.  Is it possible that when the next form is printed I can
convince
> > the printer to roll back 5 1/2 inches automatically?  (To avoid the user
> > manually rolling the paper back and trying to line it up 100 times per
day
> > after printing each form)
> > Thanks,
> > Marvin

> > > Sukesh,
> > > Actually I get an error message if I use a Printer.PaperSize of
anything
> > > accept a 1.  If I leave it off and try to set Printer.Height then it
> > appears
> > > to ignore the Printer.Height and and prints out as if it were a full
11
> > inch
> > > page anway.  The Help sections seem to be particularly useless in
> dealing
> > > with Printer.xxxx. Pretty much every setting feeds 11 inches of paper
or
> > > errors when it runs.
> > > Thanks,
> > > Marvin

> > only

> > > defined

> shows

> > then
> > "Improper
> > > debug
> that

> > report
> height).

Printer.Print Page Height

Post by Tim Rud » Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:27:48

Marvin,

Forgive me for jumping in late into your thread.

Presumably, this is a tractor-feed printer, right? That being the case, it
isn't likely that the user will be changing paper sizes with this printer
once you get your ticket-stock loaded into it, right?

So have you tried setting the default paper size for that printer in Control
Panel? You can configure it for 8.5" x 5.5" paper by using the custom paper
size setting. Then your VB app would inherit the correct paper size settings
from the driver.

--
Tim Rude

(remove NOSPAM. for correct email address)

[Please reply via the newsgroup so all can benefit]

> Sukesh,

> Checked the printer settings and everything seems to look OK.  Of all the
> problems I had with this application attempt, resolving this printer
problem
> I thought would be one of the easiest, it turns out it is the last problem
> instead.  Oh well, thanks for all the suggestions.

> Marvin

> > Marvin

> > Check the settings in the printer in the settings>printers and also the
> > settings of the printer itself and see if the problem can be resolved
> there
> > No idea of the roll back.

> > Best of luck
> > Sukesh

> > > Let me try a different approach here then.  It seems like I am stuck
> with
> > > the printer pushing out 11 inches of paper for every 5 1/2 inch form
it
> > > prints.  Is it possible that when the next form is printed I can
> convince
> > > the printer to roll back 5 1/2 inches automatically?  (To avoid the
user
> > > manually rolling the paper back and trying to line it up 100 times per
> day
> > > after printing each form)
> > > Thanks,
> > > Marvin

> anything
> > > appears
> 11
> > > inch
> > dealing
> or

> values,
> > > only

> with
> > shows

> > > then
> > > "Improper
> > that

> > > report
> > height).
> rolls

Printer.Print Page Height

Post by David Youngbloo » Wed, 15 Aug 2001 14:27:51

I have an app at work that prints a 5 1/2" page to an Okidata MicroLine
printer. It's been a couple of years since I've reviewed the code, but don't
recall anything special about it.

As I recall, I installed the printer with the windows Generic / Text Only
printer driver, set the Printer.PrintQuality to draft mode (vbPRPQDraft) and
set the page size to 5 1/2" (or was it 33 lines) via a switch on the
printer. This setup has one slightly annoying side effect, printing is not
done in the background, so the application is frozen until printing is
completed.

I'll take a look at the code it tomorrow.

David

> Sukesh,

> Checked the printer settings and everything seems to look OK.  Of all the
> problems I had with this application attempt, resolving this printer
problem
> I thought would be one of the easiest, it turns out it is the last problem
> instead.  Oh well, thanks for all the suggestions.

> Marvin

> > Marvin

> > Check the settings in the printer in the settings>printers and also the
> > settings of the printer itself and see if the problem can be resolved
> there
> > No idea of the roll back.

> > Best of luck
> > Sukesh

> > > Let me try a different approach here then.  It seems like I am stuck
> with
> > > the printer pushing out 11 inches of paper for every 5 1/2 inch form
it
> > > prints.  Is it possible that when the next form is printed I can
> convince
> > > the printer to roll back 5 1/2 inches automatically?  (To avoid the
user
> > > manually rolling the paper back and trying to line it up 100 times per
> day
> > > after printing each form)
> > > Thanks,
> > > Marvin

> anything
> > > appears
> 11
> > > inch
> > dealing
> or

> values,
> > > only

> with
> > shows

> > > then
> > > "Improper
> > that

> > > report
> > height).
> rolls

1. Printing Problems When Page Height < Page Width

        Has anyone experianced any problems with printing a report from
paradox 5.0 when the Page Width is greater than the Page Height?
 Ex. labels or envelopes?

In particular paradox insists on rotating the report 90 on output.
This is regardless of what orientation I set in the Page Layout
Dialog.  Have Tried this on a variey of printers with same result.
Have been forced to use the standard 8.5" x 11" page def. and trick
the printer into a short form feed.

Thanks

2. AutoNumber field and Cascading Delete/Update

3. printing custom size page on dot printers with pdox7

4. MultiLanguage support

5. Printer selection - paper height problem

6. Help please!!

7. String length and height on printer in VFP 3

8. INSERT INTO and stored procedures

9. Progress Printing to TTY printer vs System Printer

10. FPW2.6 printing to network printer w/SET DEVICE TO PRINTER

11. cant set the page height

12. Height of the pages in Report

13. Using the Print Screen Key to print to printer or to file