Datagrid wont bind to Access 2000

Post by Henry C » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 02:11:45

The application works perfect with the MS Jet 3.51 and MS
Access 97.

The project is done in Windows 98 first edition and has to
work on any Windows platform so the project database was
converted to Access 2000 and the ADOs opening connection
string is set to   Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0. all
controls run smooth accept for the Datagrid tool which is
heavily used through the project.

When connected to ADO.recordset -       set
Datagrid1.datasource = rsRecords    it suppose to bind to
the recordset and open the same number of columns in the
datagrid as there are fields in the records, which is not
happening.

I also have installed the Service Pack 6 but without any
lack.

Anybody familiar with this problem please drop me detailed
line. My deadline closes within two weeks!

Great thanks!!!
Henry C.

Post by Paul Clemen » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 05:16:34

The application works perfect with the MS Jet 3.51 and MS
Access 97.

The project is done in Windows 98 first edition and has to
work on any Windows platform so the project database was
converted to Access 2000 and the ADOs opening connection
string is set to   Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0. all
controls run smooth accept for the Datagrid tool which is
heavily used through the project.

When connected to ADO.recordset -       set
Datagrid1.datasource = rsRecords    it suppose to bind to
the recordset and open the same number of columns in the
datagrid as there are fields in the records, which is not
happening.

I also have installed the Service Pack 6 but without any
lack.

Anybody familiar with this problem please drop me detailed
line. My deadline closes within two weeks!

A code solution was provided to the same question yesterday. If it isn't working please identify any
errors and what is or isn't happening.

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Datagrid wont bind to Access 2000

Post by Victor Koc » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 05:32:32

Yeah Paul, you are right, the code solution was provided yesterday.

--
 Vctor Koch From Argentina.

> The application works perfect with the MS Jet 3.51 and MS
> Access 97.
>
> The project is done in Windows 98 first edition and has to
> work on any Windows platform so the project database was
> converted to Access 2000 and the ADOs opening connection
> string is set to   Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0. all
> controls run smooth accept for the Datagrid tool which is
> heavily used through the project.
>
> When connected to ADO.recordset -       set
> Datagrid1.datasource = rsRecords    it suppose to bind to
> the recordset and open the same number of columns in the
> datagrid as there are fields in the records, which is not
> happening.
>
> I also have installed the Service Pack 6 but without any
> lack.
>
> Anybody familiar with this problem please drop me detailed
> line. My deadline closes within two weeks!

> A code solution was provided to the same question yesterday. If it isn't

working please identify any

> errors and what is or isn't happening.

> Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

1. Datagrid wont bind to Access 2000

[...]

2. pgsql/doc/src/sgml func.sgml monitoring.sgml

3. Datagrid do not bind to Access 2000

4. Calling ISQL and getting errorlevels

5. storing binary data problem

6. Access form bound to ADO recordset from SQL wont insert records

7. identifying duplicate RI triggers

8. Cannot bind DataGrid using ADO DataControl to an Acess 2000 table

9. Database diagram wont work via MSDE and Access 2000 project

10. Help: Committing changes in DataGrid (bound to access db)

11. A bound Datagrid like Access.

12. Datagrid, ADO, Access 2000 table