VB3 mdb app broken w/Access 97 Install

Post by dp.. » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00

A customer of mine has my VB3 app that accesses an Access 2.0 mdb running
under Windows 95.  The customer says all he did was install Office 97 -
including Access and now my app says its mdb is of the wrong type.  Does
the installation of 97 have any impact on the Jet engine already
installed?  I'm pretty sure my customer has not opened or converted the
mdb in any way.  If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

Post by Paul Cleme » Fri, 21 Mar 1997 04:00:00

->A customer of mine has my VB3 app that accesses an Access 2.0 mdb
running
->under Windows 95.  The customer says all he did was install Office
97 -
->including Access and now my app says its mdb is of the wrong type.
Does
->the installation of 97 have any impact on the Jet engine already
->installed?  I'm pretty sure my customer has not opened or converted
the
->mdb in any way.

That isn't all that he did. He also opened up Access 97 and converted
the Access 2.0 database to the Access 97 format. I can't think of any
other explanation for this to occur.

He will have to restore the previous version or convert it back so
that your application can access it again.

Paul
~~~~

VB3 mdb app broken w/Access 97 Install

Post by Joe Mak » Sat, 22 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>A customer of mine has my VB3 app that accesses an Access 2.0 mdb running
>under Windows 95.  The customer says all he did was install Office 97 -
>including Access and now my app says its mdb is of the wrong type.  Does
>the installation of 97 have any impact on the Jet engine already
>installed?

It doesn't effect jet 2.0 but it does change the default Jet called
when opening an mdb file. I don't have VB3 installed anymore but ran
into this problem with desktop shortcuts to 2.0 mdbs after installing
Access95 application. I had to change the shortcuts to explicitly call
the access2.0 exe. Perhaps something like this is happening with your
current app. Sorry I don't know a solution for the problem.

    ...Joe Maki
    MT Kupp & Associates

Post by nancy powel » Sat, 29 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> A customer of mine has my VB3 app that accesses an Access 2.0 mdb running
> under Windows 95.  The customer says all he did was install Office 97 -
> including Access and now my app says its mdb is of the wrong type.  Does
> the installation of 97 have any impact on the Jet engine already
> installed?  I'm pretty sure my customer has not opened or converted the
> mdb in any way.  If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

You need to get the 32-bit jet drivers now which come with VB 4.0 or at
least the compatibility layer...Sorry

Post by Henry Tremp » Sat, 05 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>>A customer of mine has my VB3 app that accesses an Access 2.0 mdb running
>>under Windows 95.  The customer says all he did was install Office 97 -
>>including Access and now my app says its mdb is of the wrong type.  Does
>>the installation of 97 have any impact on the Jet engine already
>>installed?
>It doesn't effect jet 2.0 but it does change the default Jet called
>when opening an mdb file. I don't have VB3 installed anymore but ran
>into this problem with desktop shortcuts to 2.0 mdbs after installing
>Access95 application. I had to change the shortcuts to explicitly call
>the access2.0 exe. Perhaps something like this is happening with your
>current app. Sorry I don't know a solution for the problem.

Also I think you said he converted Acc20 to Acc97...Acc97 is 32Bit so
when VB3 (16Bit) uses its compat engine to connect it cant recognise
the .mdb...I would suggest trying to use ODBC that may work

1. how do i start another app and accessing access 97 mdb's

Hello,

I had some experience with Modula-2, and now i am starting with Delphi,
i use version 4 standard.
I have no idea that this question is even right for this group, but here
it is.

I am trying to distribute a program written in the run-time version of
access 97. I have 5 different distributions. for this i want to write a
program in delphi that gives the user a choise wath setup to use. So how
do i start another program from within Delphi ?

When the user pushes a button the program must terminate itself and run
another program, i have looked in the help files but can't find the
appropriate command to do so.

second question

I want to get rid of the access run-time and build it totally in delphi.
Whenever i try to link to the access mdb it starts to ask about
passwords and stuff. On this i know that the link is made via ODBC. I
don't want this...i want the bde to address the mdb directly. I bought
delphi 4 specialy for this reason, as the commercials announst that it
has native support for an access 97 database.

idealy would be that i can use the ms-jet to handle the data and delphi
to take care of the front. i don't want to use VB and i don't have time
to learn C++ to a level i can build a profesional database.

I have nowhere in the help-files found specified on how to address an
access 97 database

Thanks in advance

2. The quest for row locking

3. Access 97 mdb could not be opened after a conversion to Access 2000 mdb

4. DB Archiving Options

5. Access to access 2000 mdb by access 97 program via VB6 and ADO

6. question

7. accessing an access 97 database with vb3 !

8. Why can't I Update a dBase Database?

9. Access XP install broke ASP apps

10. Converting Access 97 MDB file to Access 2000

11. Automatic conservion or importing to Access 97 from Access 2.0 MDB

12. Jet 4.0 crashes when accessing an Access 97 .mdb

13. Help: Problem reading Access 2.0 mdb from VB3 under Win95/Access 7.0