Error 10 - Locked Array or Fixed

Post by D.Evan » Mon, 06 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I am getting a Default Protection error in VBA2.DLL which when I click
ignore several times, an Error 10 (This array is fixed or temporarily
locked) appears after exiting out a called to SQLExtendedFetch.  I
declare a string variable called Customer.  I execute SQLBindCol to
bind the Customer column, then call SQLExtendedFetch.  I do not
demension the array it is done somehow with the SQLBindCol, I guess.
I get the default protection error on an End Sub line which means a
problem has occurred before when fetching the data. Below is a summary
of my problem and does anyone know a way to solve this:

What is happening is that I executed a SQL statement to select records
from two different tables, one is a Customer information table and the
second table contains several orders for each customer with a
relational ID field. I call SQLExtendedFetch and load a DBGrid
(Sheridan's grid from Data Widget) with one record for each customer.
Then after all the customer records are loaded into the grid, I do
SQL_FETCH_FIRST, and load the orders information for the first
customer in a second grid. When the user clicks on a customer record
on the first grid, I call SQLExtendedFetch using SQL_FETCH_ABSOLUTE
with the row number of that customer to retrieve their orders to be
displayed in the 2nd grid.  It's here when I get either the Default
Protection Error or Error 10 when the second customer has only 1 order
and the first customer had 3 orders.  If I execute a SQL statement to
bring back all the customers in the table, I do not get any errors and
I am able to select any records in the first grid and it shows the
customer orders in the second grid.  But if I limit the select
statement to give me customers with orders on a certain day, I get
this error.  What is so stupid about it is that it actually loads the
grid with the correct information.  I have a separate sub routine that
does this.  As soon as I step on the End Sub line to get out of the
routine, I get the default protection error.

1. Error 10 - Locked Array or Fixed

[...]

2. VB, Access 97 and 2000

3. Run-time error 10 - This array is fixed or temproarily locked

4. Sending Explain output to a perl client

5. Run-Time error '10' This array is fixed or temporarily locked

6. Enforcing Business Rules in SQL Server 2000

7. Locking Errors and HPUX 10

8. 4GL Query By Example and ANSI Databases

9. HP Model 10/20 Array Performance

10. array[10]

11. Sybase 10.0.2 and Sun's Storage Arrays

12. System 10 - DISK Array Problem

13. Sun Storage Array and Sybase (4.9.2 or System 10)