Access 2.0 Compatability Layer Setup Problems

Access 2.0 Compatability Layer Setup Problems

Post by Donovan J. Ed » Sun, 15 Oct 1995 04:00:00

G'Day

I have an app written in VB 3.0 that requires an Access 2.0 database.
I installed the compatability layer from MS and have been using that
for development purposes. I have finally managed to get the Setup
Wizard working (after getting a patch from MS). Now I have one final
problem.

To test my installation I created a "new" installation of Windoze on
another partitiion on my HD. After installing my app I wanted to run
the conversion layer setup as well on this new installation of Windoze
as my app won't work without it. Here's the problem.... The setup
program for the compatability layer says that I don't have Access 2.0
installed on my machine!!! and hence will not complete installation. I
do indeed have Access on my machine, but cannot see where to edit an
appropriate .INI file to get it looking at Access. If possible I would
like to place any files that the compatability layer needs to install
in the directory of my application and not in <drive:>\VB. Also what
would be nice is if the damn thing would just install. After all the
user of my application DOES NOT NEED Access to run my app!

Can someone give me some pointers here please..... Thanks... Please
mail me direct....

"If you're not busy being born then you're busy dying" - Bob Dylan

1. Bug/limitation with VB3.0 / Access 2.0 compatability layer

Hi
  I'm doing some testing with the comp. layer program. My database was
created and populated as an Access 1.1 db. I converted it to 2.0 using
Access 2.0. I then installed the comp. layer program on my PC.
(Standalone). Now, when I run my program which uses "BeginTrans" and
"Committrans", it get the error msg: "Too many tables open". In between
the "BeginTrans" and "Committrans", I have a loop which reads a rec in
from a flat file, opens a snapshot to pull out some values and then close
the snapshot right away. This code worked fine before the layer install
but now it doesn't seem to be closing the table anymore. It processes 331
recs from the flat file before kicking out with the above error msg.
(meaning it also had open & closed the dynaset 331 times.)

When I run the exact program on a PC without the compat. layer installed,
it works fine.

Any ideas ??

Brian

2. can isqlw command with -o option append output from several input files?

3. Access 2.0 compatability layer

4. Paradox and spy

5. Access 2.0 to Visual Basic 3.0 Compatability Layer Wanted

6. DATAGRID - Curios Behavior

7. Accessing Access 2.0 database with VB3, ODBC 2.0 and Microsotf Jet Engine Compatibility Layer

8. Bug in Aggregate functions or is does my query have a bug?

9. Install Access 2.0 Cmpt Layer w/o Access 2.0 for VB 3.0

10. Can't Install 2.0 compatibility layer without Access 2.0

11. VB 3.0, Compatability Layer, and Access Service Pack Question

12. VB3 - Access 2.0 Compat Layer compact problem

13. Compatibility Layer for VB 3.0 -> Access 2.0