How to use Java programm to access Web MS Access Database ?

How to use Java programm to access Web MS Access Database ?

Post by Qing Hu » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I want to create a java program to access MS Access database. How can I do?
Can you tell me some good Books or websitesintroducing that?

Thanks

Qing

How to use Java programm to access Web MS Access Database ?

Post by Sudhin V Lathee » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Dear friend,

           You should use a jdbc driver to connect to the backend
server. Visit http://www.avenir.net for further information. You can
get a suitable driver(trial version) there.

regards,
sudhin

Quote:> Hi,

> I want to create a java program to access MS Access database. How can
I do?
> Can you tell me some good Books or websitesintroducing that?

> Thanks

> Qing

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

How to use Java programm to access Web MS Access Database ?

Post by Hamid Lock » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00

The JDBC bridge driver is suitable for working with MS Access. I suggest
purchasing "Database Programming with JDBC and JAVA" by O'reilly and Assoc.

Here is a short app to get you started connecting and making queries. This
should be in a FAQ, if there were one:

import java.sql.*;

public class doConnect
{

 public static void main (String[] args)
 {
  doConnect me = new doConnect();
  me.connectNow(args[0],args[1]);
 }

 public void connectNow(String theDataSource,String theQuery) {
  /*load the driver */
  try{

   /* get a connection to database */
   Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:" + theDataSource);

   /* do the query */
   PreparedStatement stmt = con.prepareStatement(theQuery);
   boolean b = stmt.execute();

   /* clean up*/
   if (con != null) con.close();

   }
   catch (Exception e){
    System.out.println("Didn't work, and this is why: "+e);
  }
 }

Quote:}

> Dear friend,

>            You should use a jdbc driver to connect to the backend
> server. Visit http://www.avenir.net for further information. You can
> get a suitable driver(trial version) there.

> regards,
> sudhin

> > Hi,

> > I want to create a java program to access MS Access database. How can
> I do?
> > Can you tell me some good Books or websitesintroducing that?

> > Thanks

> > Qing

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. GA-Atlanta-104868--Web Development-Java-HTML-Programmer-Web Development Java/ HTML

=
Company    : Atlanta Technical Support, Inc.
Website    : http://www.atsjobs.com
Job Title  : Programmer-Web Development Java/ HTML
Location   : Atlanta, GA
Job Type   : Contract or Full-Time Salaried
============================
Atlanta Technical Support, Inc. is Atlanta's staffing link between technical
personnel and technical jobs. Serving Southeast Georgia and Metro Atlanta since
1988, ATSJOBS.com has used state of the art technology to successfully place
more than 5,000 professionals into new positions.

The candidate should have Web site development skills with Java and HTML
experience. Experience with any of the following is a plus: Oracle and UNIX.
Experience with supply chain or distribution industries is a plus. The
candidate will developing interactive web site applications and develop some
web pages in a UNIX enivironment.

Travel Required          :None
Educational Requirements :None
Preferred Degree         :OPEN
=
Required Skills
* Web Development
* Java
* HTML
=
Definite Pluses
* ORACLE
* UNIX
=
=
Contact Information:
Reference : 11666
Recruiter

** Post jobs for 30 days for $100, up to 250 postings $350/month
** Matching Resumes E-mailed daily
**  Your ads are virtually guaranteed to be seen by jobseekers on the NET **

                    ** Automatic Posting to **
   ** Yahoo            ** Americas Job Bank    ** Career City    *** ClassifiedsWarehouse

2. Non-Admin Stop/Start service permission

3. GA-Atlanta-104868--Web Development-Java-HTML-Programmer-Web development Java/ HTML

4. There's gotta be an easy way to do this...

5. GA-Atlanta-104868--Web Development-Java-HTML-Programmer-Web Development Java/ HTML

6. US-NY-APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT SR. CONSULTANT

7. RAID

8. connect to the MS Access database without using the ODBC driver for MS Access

9. Regarding Accessing External database using MS-Access and MS-Visual Basic

10. Simple MS Access database using Java & SQL

11. code to access an MS ACCESS database held on a web site

12. question reg. MS-Access database access using VB3