Problem Saving images from OLE to file

Post by RenĂ© Ph. Griffioe » Sun, 12 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I have a small table in a system which contains a field with images in bmp
format in a foxpro2.6 database. I want to save these images from an OLE
container to file using the following  procedure
Private Sub Command1_Click()

    Dim FileNum As Integer
    ' Get file number.
    FileNum = FreeFile

    ' Open file to be saved.
    Open "c:\tmp\testfile.bmp" For Binary As #FileNum

    ' Save the file.
    org_logo.SaveToFile FileNum

    ' Close the file.
    Close #FileNum

End Sub

The file is saved but not recognizable as a bmp file. Can someone tell me
what I'm doing wrong.

Tia

Best regards,

1. Saving ole field to file on disk (VB5)

I have a small table in a system which contains a field with images in bmp
format in a foxpro2.6 database. I want to save these images from an OLE
container to file using the following  procedure
Private Sub Command1_Click()

    Dim FileNum As Integer
    ' Get file number.
    FileNum = FreeFile

    ' Open file to be saved.
    Open "c:\tmp\testfile.bmp" For Binary As #FileNum

    ' Save the file.
    org_logo.SaveToFile FileNum

    ' Close the file.
    Close #FileNum

End Sub

The file is saved but not recognizable as a bmp file. Can someone tell me
what I'm doing wrong.

Tia

Best regards,

2. pgsql/src/backend/commands vacuum.c

3. Saving OLE Data Content Only To File

4. One stream to multi tables

5. Saving A Binary File Into an OLE Object Field

6. Main record not retrieved if no sub record present

7. Saving an OLE item to a file

8. Reinstalling SQL Server 6.5 failing

9. Saving OLE fields to a file

10. save image field to text file

11. pull our an image file and save it to a folder

12. Saving Binary files on the Client to the Image data type in SQL Server

13. ?:Saving JPG-Files in Image-Fields