data binding problem in Sub command

Post by ZOU QIAN » Sun, 02 Jan 2000 04:00:00

In VB6's data environment, the recordset of subcommand is usually bind in a
grid. But I have a complicated child recordset, it needs combo or other
controls. So, I bind them in textboxes and combos. But the problem is ,
how can i move the child record in textboxes?

my code maybe like this:

dim parentrs as new adodb.recordset
dim childrs as new adodb.recordset

set parentrs = dataenvironment1.rsparentcmd
set childrs=parentrs("childcmd").underlyingvalue

'I want to move the record

childrs.movenext

'But the textboxes doesn't change when the record moving

1. Data environment Bound form with parameter command problem

Newbie to data environment, I have a parameter query in data environment
that works fine, I can call it from app also without problem.

My problem is that I have a form with serveral text boxes etc bound to this
query and it doesn't show the data unless I open a recordset of the command
object and programatically fill each control - kinda defeating the object of
having bound controls and not updating data if it is changed.

I have tried removing the parameter and then opened the form and the data
has shown (for the first record) so I know the controls are all bound
correctly.

Am I missing something?

Any help greatly appreciated

Nathan

2. Help my assignment: Create DSN(ADODB) at runtime.

3. Data environment Bound Grid with parameter command UPDATE problem

4. Stripping out lead zeros ?

5. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

6. SQL2000 not connecting - is there a bug fix?

7. SQL-server and VB

8. Data Bound TextBox Control to Command Object

9. Data Environmet command bound to Text Boxes

10. Master Parts/Sub Parts/Sub-Sub Parts

11. Type, sub-type, and sub-sub-type database design