query protected

Post by Dieg » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:36:04

HI:
I need protect ( to others users) all records in a query
recordset created in DAO  , but DAO protect all table not
the query result only.
somebody can help me ...

query protected

Post by Dieg » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:36:05

HI:
I need protect ( to others users) all records in a query
recordset created in DAO  , but DAO protect all table not
the query result only.
somebody can help me ...

1. Working with protected Access DB and non-protected DB in the same application

Hi people.

I need to work with both a protected and a non-protected Access database at
the same time.  The latter I create on the fly.

I've created an Access workgroup file that is needed to open my protected
database.
I open it like this:
  Dim MyDB As Database
  DBEngine.SystemDB = App.Path & "\myworkgroupfile.MDW"
  DBEngine.DefaultUser = "myadminlogin"
  DBEngine.DefaultPassword = "secretpassword"

 Set MyDB = DBEngine.OpenDatabase(sPath, enOpenExclusively.no,
enReadOnly.no)

No problem.  Nobody but my programme can get access.

Whilst running my programme I need to create a new database that has no
protection, i.e. is completely open.  I create a couple of tables with
corresponding fields and properties and load a few thousand records.

  This time I use this:
  Dim MyOpenDB As Database
  Dim ws As DAO.Workspace
  DBEngine.SystemDB = ""
  DBEngine.DefaultUser = "admin"
  DBEngine.DefaultPassword = ""
  Set ws = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
  Set MyOpenDB = ws.CreateDatabase(sFileName, dbLangGeneral)

Now I then try to open the database with the MS-Access and I receive the
following two errors:
1) Record(s) cannot be read;no read permission on 'MSysObjects'
followed by
2) Record(s) cannot be read;no read permission on 'MSysACEs'

After these two errors I experience no further erros.  I can open and work
with the tables without problems.

What am I missing/doing wrong?  Any help much appreciated.

Yours Sincerely,
Arne J. Boye-M?ller

2. Oracle 7.2 ODBC Driver !!!

3. Protect copyright logic - contents of procedure/query from profiler

4. CASE statements

5. Protecting Tuple from DELETE query

6. irregular program termination while ttable operation

7. querying ado and two password protected access database

8. Trying to uninstall SQL 6.5 completely

9. Query Insert Into Password Protected Database

10. Append query to password protected database

11. Insert Into Another DB Query does not work for password protected databases

12. Query on external -password protected- MDB

13. Append query to password protected database