Crystal Reports Not Refreshing

Post by Fergal Mora » Thu, 15 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I am experiencing a little difficulty with the Crystal Reports OCX.  I
am printing a report (to a file) many times from one table.  Each time
the report is printed the data in the table will have changed but the
output is still the same as it was the first time I printed it.  Is
there a way to get Crystal Reports to refresh the data every time it
prints.  I am using VB4.0 and Windows 95.

Thanks guys,

Fergal Moran.

Crystal Reports Not Refreshing

Post by Fernando Garc » Sat, 17 Aug 1996 04:00:00

 on Wed, 14 Aug 1996 16:42:11 +0100,
 Fergal Moran <Fergal> writes:

Quote:>Hello,

>I am experiencing a little difficulty with the Crystal Reports OCX.  I
>am printing a report (to a file) many times from one table.  Each time
>the report is printed the data in the table will have changed but the
>output is still the same as it was the first time I printed it.  Is
>there a way to get Crystal Reports to refresh the data every time it
>prints.  I am using VB4.0 and Windows 95.

>Thanks guys,

>Fergal Moran.

Don't worry about your problem, Fergal, since it's very usual when you
start using Crystal Reports. When you design the report, you have to care
about two options: 'Save data with report' and 'Refresh report on every
print'. If the first one is checked, you mean that you want to store data
with the designed report, so when you distribute it, the users will see
THAT data, even if they don't have the database. If the second one is
checked, you force the report to be refreshed everytime you send Action=1.
'Refreshed' means that the links with the DB and its data are recreated.

Hope this helps,
Fernando.

1. Help - Crystal Reports will not refresh

I used crystal reports designer 6.0 to create a report in VB6.  I moved the
app to another computer and the report failed (the rest of the app works).
Crystal reports expects to find the database in the directory used to create
the report.

How do I tell Crystal Viewer to look for the data in a different location
when I move the app to another computer.

I placed the following code in the load of the form used to open the report.
What I would like it to use is use a table called "Publishers" or a query
called "ReportQuery" in my database.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Maurice

Dim sDb As Database
Dim QryRpt As QueryDef
Dim dbLocation As String
Dim ReportRecSet As Recordset

dbLocation = App.Path + "\LibraryHOH.MDB"
Set sDb = OpenDatabase(dbLocation)
Set QryRpt = sDb.QueryDefs("ReportQuery")
Set ReportRecSet = QryRpt.OpenRecordset(dbOpenSnapshot)

Report.Database.SetDataSource dbLocation
Report.Database.Tables.Item(1).SetPrivateData 3, ReportRecSet
Report.DiscardSavedData
CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report
CRViewer1.ViewReport

2. sql server backup strategy

3. Crystal Reports will not refresh data

4. Cross tab? Pls help

5. VB4(16) Crystal Reports not auto refreshing data

6. OSF DCE User & Developer Conf. San Jose WWW Address Update - GPCQM04

7. Refresh a report made in Crystal Report.

8. ODBC connection through the Internet

9. Data Report Refresh (not refreshing)

10. How to refresh crystal report

11. Crystal Reports Professional 7- Memo fields will not appear on report

12. Crystal Reports won't Refresh data each opening

13. Crystal Reports: Refreshing Data from VB?