Invalid Argument OpenRecordset

Post by m.. » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi
I have a weird situation,
In the next line of code i have error 3001 -
Invalid Argument
set rs=db.OpenRecordSet(sql,
dbOpenForwardOnly, ,dbReadOnly)

However if i use:
set rs=db.OpenRecordSet(sql, dbOpenForwardOnly,
dbReadOnly)

or even
set rs=db.OpenRecordSet(sql, dbOpenForwardOnly,
dbReadOnly, dbReadOnly)

it works,
the weird thing is that the first one follows
documentation on DAO 3.51, that is the dbReadOnly
is used in LockEdits and not in the options
argument, further more, the help states this:
"[...]Supplying a lockedits argument when options
uses the dbReadOnly constant also causes an
error."

So, by the book the first one should work, the
second should work thanks to backwards
compatibility and the third should produce an
error.

Has anybody seen this behaviour,
Any fix, workaround
TIA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. OpenRecordset 3001 Invalid Argument error

I have an Access 95 application that is distributed among several
users.  I am writing a VB application to update several tables behind
the scenes.

The AddNew/Update works find when a user does not have an Access form
open.  I get an 3001 error when a user has a form open locking the
tables I want.   I assume when you open the form you are creating a
dynaset.  I am wondering if a page lock is occurring.  I have tried
coding my openrecordset several different ways to avoid a 3001 Invalid
arguement error.

Any ideas?

2. about ODBCSetTryWaitValue function.

3. Openrecordset "Select into" causes invalid operation

4. OODBs - references?

5. ERROR 3001 - "Invalid Argument"

6. CCFLAGS

7. invalid arguments in call

8. SQL call from Linux

9. Newbie needs help with invalid argument

10. PostgreSQL 7.4devel - LOG: PGSTAT: socket() failed: Invalid argument

11. Invalid Procedure Call or Argument

12. Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument

13. invalid argument value