OriginalValue vs. Value

Post by bfitzpatr.. » Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I am opening an ADO recordset and one of my Item's "Value"
field is coming up NULL. However, it is pulling the information
into the "OriginalValue" field. Does anyone know what is
causing this, or how to remedy the situation?

Thanks,
-Brian

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Disconnected Recordset - OriginalValue

I am using disconnected recordsets to store data which is originally
populated via a stored procedure which retrieves data from a table in SQL
Server 7.

On very rare occasions I notice that not all data (sometimes entire records
and sometimes only fields) is being updated to the Server after doing a
updatebatch.  I have managed to track this problem down to the fact that
before performing an update the originalvalue, underlyingvalue and value are
all the same ?  Has anybody else come across anything like this ?

Grateful for any advice/information

Alex

2. HTML/ASP Based Querying Tool?

3. OriginalValue property

4. Calling objects using variables

5. Changing OriginalValue And UnderlyingValue in ADO

6. Trouble with ZOMBIE Process in SE 724 (Linux) server!

7. output: multiple single values vs multi-values

8. Thermal printers with Oracle 11i

9. Access vs Approach vs Paradox vs FilePro vs Filemaker Pro

10. Concatenating values in a column: ASE 12.0 vs 12.5

11. immediate value vs bind variable

12. Determining Updated Values Vs. Current

13. performance question: sum values vs. store calculations