HELP: Crystal Reports - recursive formulas/functions?

HELP: Crystal Reports - recursive formulas/functions?

Post by Kenneth Le » Fri, 24 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm using CR 6.0 now and would like to solve the following problem:
I've database fieldvalues which can have multiple occurences of _ (the
underscore character) which needs to be translated to indents. I don't see
any While or For loops in CR. Can i make a function or formula in CR that
takes the text as a parameter and recursively calls itself until there are
no more _ characters in the text? Can this be done or does someone know a
better solution? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ken.

HELP: Crystal Reports - recursive formulas/functions?

Post by Issam Elbayta » Sat, 25 Apr 1998 04:00:00

There is a better solution, try ActiveReports from Data Dynamics
http://www.datadynamics.com

Data Dynamics - http://www.datadynamics.com
Control Yourself

Quote:>Hi,

>I'm using CR 6.0 now and would like to solve the following problem:
>I've database fieldvalues which can have multiple occurences of _ (the
>underscore character) which needs to be translated to indents. I don't see
>any While or For loops in CR. Can i make a function or formula in CR that
>takes the text as a parameter and recursively calls itself until there are
>no more _ characters in the text? Can this be done or does someone know a
>better solution? Thanks in advance.

>Regards,
>Ken.

1. VB Functions in Formulas of Crystal Reports

I am using Crystal Reports V4.6 in an VB application (V5.0). Does anybody
know if it is possible to use VB functions or Subroutines in a formula of
the crystal report object ? I want to convert a database field using a
convertion table in a file before it is printed.

Another Question:
Is it possible to add or remove fields and their headers at runtime ?

Thanks in advance,
Claudia Traunfellner

--

please cut .NoJunk from the email adress

-----
Claudia Traunfellner
alfa Integrierte Systeme

2. Temp Tables/DBSpaces

3. SC, Oracle Developer 2000 >> Join our Oracle Jobs Mail List

4. Help with using date variable in Crystal reports selection formula

5. Bug in Index Smartguide V7.1?

6. HELP with selection formula in VB6 for Crystal Reports

7. Issues in Informix

8. Help: Crystal Report Selection Formula

9. Crystal Report Formula Help

10. Formula for Crystal reporting

11. Crystal Report formula problem

12. Crystal Reports formulas