Q: Error message "Multiple rows updated"???

Q: Error message "Multiple rows updated"???

Post by Dylan Bourq » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

  I have a VC++5 database frontend prog that uses the ODBC classes to
maintain an Access 97 DB.  The app has four tabbed pages that each
interface with one table in the DB.  The pages each have Add/Delete/Edit
functions.

  Sometimes, when a user makes changes on more than one page, or lots of
changes on one page, the prog pops up a message box w/ "Multiple rows
updated".  This is the only thing I get and it stays around.  When the
prog closes: the message box, when the prog re-opens: the message box,
when the prog does any access to the DB: the message box.  I've gone and
looked at the DB tables from Access and the records are not being updated
correctly.

  The only way I've found to get rid of the message is to manually go
into the DB in Access and delete one of the records that were
added/modified just before the message appeared.

  Does anyone know what is causing this message and how to get rid of
it/prevent it from happening??  Any help at all would be great cuz I've
looked in the VC5 help and can't find a clue.

thnx,
Dylan Bourque

Post by Benito Re » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>   I have a VC++5 database frontend prog that uses the ODBC classes to
> maintain an Access 97 DB.  The app has four tabbed pages that each
> interface with one table in the DB.  The pages each have Add/Delete/Edit
> functions.

>   Sometimes, when a user makes changes on more than one page, or lots of
> changes on one page, the prog pops up a message box w/ "Multiple rows
> updated".  This is the only thing I get and it stays around.  When the
> prog closes: the message box, when the prog re-opens: the message box,
> when the prog does any access to the DB: the message box.  I've gone and
> looked at the DB tables from Access and the records are not being updated
> correctly.

>   The only way I've found to get rid of the message is to manually go
> into the DB in Access and delete one of the records that were
> added/modified just before the message appeared.

>   Does anyone know what is causing this message and how to get rid of
> it/prevent it from happening??  Any help at all would be great cuz I've
> looked in the VC5 help and can't find a clue.

> thnx,
> Dylan Bourque

Hi Dylan,

Could you post please your code for ADD, Delete, etc ?

Only watching it I will have a real idea of what is
happening.

Good night

Beny