ACCESSING clipper

Post by Diana Luz Garcia Valde » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Does somebody know how to access an index clipper from Visual Basic, I
already tried linking from Microsoft Access, but when the database
change I have to generate again the index (*.cdx), otherwise the
application doesn't find the added values. I want to know if I can have
an application that automatically updates the index. Thanks!!!

ACCESSING clipper

Post by Loren Scott [Vista Software » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi Diana,

Vista Software's Artemis 5.0 allows you to continue using Clipper files
(DBF/DBT/NTX) within VB/VC++ or any other development platform that supports
making direct .DLL calls.  It also supports FoxPro files (DBF/FPT/IDX/CDX),
as well as the SIx Driver RDD's proprietary HiPer-SIx formats (DBF/SMT/NSX).

Artemis 5.0 is a set of direct API functions that you call from your Windows
application.  Additionally it includes a plug-n-play replacement for the
existing VB Data Control, allowing you to connect the Artemis database
engine to VB's own data-aware controls as well as those from 3rd-party
companies such as APEX or Sheridan.

Vista Software also has an OLE DB provider solution in beta -- VIPER OLE DB.
This uses the same core database engine technology as Artemis, but allows
you to use OLE DB / ADO connectivity to get to the data.

The typical deployment size for Artemis is very small -- about 350k.  For
VIPER OLE DB it's still very small at about 700k.

For additional information on Artemis or VIPER OLE DB, visit the Vista
Software web site at www.VistaSoftware.com.

Best regards,

Loren Scott
President/CEO
Vista Software
http://www.VistaSoftware.com

ACCESSING clipper

Post by George Shubi » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Does somebody know how to access an index clipper from Visual Basic, I
> already tried linking from Microsoft Access, but when the database
> change I have to generate again the index (*.cdx), otherwise the
> application doesn't find the added values. I want to know if I can have
> an application that automatically updates the index. Thanks!!!

Take a look at the Artemis database driver for VB.  www.vistasoftware.com

1. VB6 (SP3) Bug accessing Clipper files

Help!!.
I am trying to access legacy Clipper files via Ado2.0.
The app accesses Clipper files via linked tables to an Access database.
the whole thing could be re-written.. but there is no time given the size of
the legacy data.
It works fine up to VB6 Sp2...
I am told that it will work using Voxpro's driver.
Has anybody got any ideas?

Tony.

2. OLWM and xterm TERMCAP/TERMKEYS

3. Looking for a DLL for VB to access Clipper NTX file

4. DTS problem

5. Accessing Clipper files/indexes

6. unique Transaction system-->ActiveX-EXE server

7. HELP! Accessing Clipper

8. SQL 7.0 db restore with SQL 6.5 data

9. Java Class for accessing Clipper files

10. Accessing Clipper Index Files through VB (.ntx)

11. Using ADO to access Clipper files

12. Accessing Clipper database with non-standard file name

13. VB3 accessing Clipper Files