Memo Field to Database field

Post by Mike A. Colledg » Mon, 26 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I have a form that contains a memo field.  I need to move that field into
a Paradox 4 memo field.  I cannot figure out how to get this
accomplished.  Any assistance anyone can offer would be greatly
appreciated.

Memo Field to Database field

Post by Jay Schwis » Tue, 27 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I have a form that contains a memo field.  I need to move that field
> into a Paradox 4 memo field.  I cannot figure out how to get this
> accomplished.  Any assistance anyone can offer would be greatly
> appreciated.

Try the assign method(see TMemoField help):

Table1MyMemo.Assign(Memo1.Lines);

God Bless,

--

08/26/96 00:42
---------

Memo Field to Database field

Post by Niels J?rgense » Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Mike,

Try using TBlobStream-object.

Niels.

Quote:> I have a form that contains a memo field.  I need to move that field into
> a Paradox 4 memo field.  I cannot figure out how to get this
> accomplished.  Any assistance anyone can offer would be greatly
> appreciated.

1. Storing Memo fields in Databases (Blob Fields?)

Hello Everyone,

        I am looking at writing a generic program that will store memo fields in
various databases (Paradox, Oracle, Sybase, etc).  It is my understanding
that I would use a Blob field to do this.  Does anyone outthere have any
comments on Blob fields in Oracle?  Sybase?  Interbase? Other DBs?

        I would appreciate any insights you can provide!

Bradley MacDonald

2. Test of Mailer

3. Copying logical fields to a memo field in one database

4. *A variety of contract and permanent opportunities - UK*

5. What is the syntax for copy a memo to a database memo field

6. 17585-MI-GRAND RAPIDS-ORACLE-VAX-VMS-UNIX-DBA Skills-Oracle DBAs

7. HELP: linking txt field with a memo field

8. PA-PHILADELPHIA-105639--ORACLE-Oracle DBA

9. Help: DBMemo in character-field (not Memo-field)

10. Help: copy memo field from one table to another field

11. merge alpha field into one memo field

12. get access-memo-field in an rtftext-field

13. converting alpha field to memo fields