'Operation not applicable' error creating TDataModel? (d2)

'Operation not applicable' error creating TDataModel? (d2)

Post by Klin » Wed, 08 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I have a tdatamodel that when i call create, it gives the Operation not
applicable message. I've seen this message before when I was playing
with some calculated fields but this datamodel doesnt have any at all.
it has 15 ttables into the one db file. all linked to a tree structure
with t1 being the master.

                    t1
          t2                t3
    t4          t5      t6      t7
  t8  t9      ta  tB  tC  tD  tE tF

It used to work until i started playing with calculated fields into
the db file on a completely different form which doesn't exist when
this one gets created.

Are calculated fields local to a cursor in the BDE or do they apply to the
table? And what does Operation not applicable mean anyway?

Klint.

--
+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
: Klint*                           : "Non rhyming    :

: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilties   :
: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
: Fax     : +61 67 725 376              :                 :
+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

1. 'Operation not applicable' on Table filter

Not sure that it's a bug or not.  One thing you could do, however, is to select
the data you want in a TQuery instead of using a filter and write the SQL
something like this:

Select TableName."First Name" from TableName
Where
YourColumn = Some Value

HTH

********************************
Michael Glatz

Accept that some days you're the pigeon,
some days you're the statue.

2. switch for disabling ecpg & pgeasy

3. Operation Not Applicable - Error Message

4. ADO and Informix

5. Operation not applicable error

6. ima - servers

7. Operation not applicable(BDE Error?)

8. aggregation level for an existing cube

9. BDE Error - "Operation not Applicable"

10. Operation not applicable Error in DELPHI 2.01

11. Operation not Applicable Error

12. 'Operation Must Use Updateable Query' Error

13. Operation not Applicable(ODBC 3.5 And Delphi4)