Force JET to write to disk - HOW ??

Post by Franz Dullaar » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi

Please advise:

How do I force JET to write an update to disk?

Here's what I want:

I have a program which sends out mail for all my apps which need to
send mail. The program is invoked with a shell command when needed.
Before it is called, my apps write a record in an MS Access database
containing all the e-mail data - from, to, subject, etc. The e-mail
program is then called with the key of the e-mail record.

The problem is that, since I have moved my apps to a faster (233 MHz)
cpu, the update is not complete when the shelled program reads the
database.

DBEngine.Idle dbRefreshCache does NOT do the trick!

Advice?

Thanks

Franz

1. How can I force a table to write to disk

Hi

Because of an appl.  error  just after I added my input in a table and I had to
shutdown myappl. by Ctrl Alt Del  I lost all input I made on one table but the
input to the connected 2 other tables were written to disk.   (A major error)
To prevent this happening again I would like to force writing to disk when I
feel the need to, like when an error of any kind occurs.

In caClipper there was the procedure COMMIT that forced all open tables to write
to disk and I used it on any error..
However I cannot find any information in the Delphi helpfile about writing
tables to disk.
Does set table.active to false write to disk?

Thanks
Frits v/d Laan

2. vb on a network

3. DELPHI, forced write to disk

4. All of them: SQL

5. Forcing VFP 6.0 to Write to Disk

6. A question form MCSE, SQL Server MCT : terms dpages,reserved,used,allocated etc?

7. force Physical Disk Access

8. FMPro 5 web publishing

9. How to force Jet connection aging ?

10. Force Jet to close connection

11. Force write cache to HD

12. IB: How to turn forced writes *ON*?

13. How to force writes updates with ADO (HELP!!!)