Migrating from DAO to ADO/RDO

Post by David Web » Mon, 17 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I currently have a few programs which have been written to suit an Access
back end, but the time has now come to beef the back end up to SQL Server 7.
Can anyone point me to a painless book, site or article on migrating from
DAO to ADO or RDO ? Many other people must have done this previously so I'm
thinking that there must be quite a bit of reference material out there on
this. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

David.

Migrating from DAO to ADO/RDO

Post by VB-Joke » Mon, 17 May 1999 04:00:00

David,

Check out KB article Q181832 "PRB: Migrating SQL Statements with Quotes From
DAO to ADO" and the MSDN VS help file article "ADO Compared with RDO and
DAO".

--
Regards

VB-Joker
Carsten Thomsen

PLEASE post ALL replies to the newsgroup(s) so we can all benefit from the
discussion!

Quote:> Hi,

> I currently have a few programs which have been written to suit an Access
> back end, but the time has now come to beef the back end up to SQL Server
7.
> Can anyone point me to a painless book, site or article on migrating from
> DAO to ADO or RDO ? Many other people must have done this previously so
I'm
> thinking that there must be quite a bit of reference material out there on
> this. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

> Regards,

> David.

Migrating from DAO to ADO/RDO

Post by SITAR » Mon, 17 May 1999 04:00:00

visit www.ewsystems.com and get objgen1.1 ($179 with 30 day moneyback )....

It will automatically generate a complete app with all the ADO Classes
necessary to manipulate any odbc connected  backend.....

its worth taking a look at....

1. Diferences between DAO, RDO and ADO?

I'm really interested to know more about difereces between DAO, RDO and ADO.
I have doubts about how to execute a Stored Procedure that brings to me a
set
of data into a data control! Is that posible?
What's the best choice when accessing SQL Server using ODBC? and Why?

2. Strange ADO error

3. DAO/ADO/RDO?

4. Newbie question?

5. Migrating from DAO to ADO Getting Error 3021

6. Symposium on Distributed Objects

7. sample program using ado, dao, rdo, client server

8. Your Resume

9. ADO / RDO / DAO - Performance related issues

10. Migrating from DAO to ADO

11. DAO v RDO v ADO

12. HOW TO: Transactions with Data control (DAO or RDO or ADO)

13. ADO, DAO, ODBC and RDO confusion